VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

4 posters

side pipes ???

chopper tom
    chopper tom

Number of posts : 87
    Registration date : 2014-02-24

side pipes ??? Empty side pipes ???

Post by chopper tom Mon Sep 21, 2015 3:01 pm

anybody running sidepipes on ther v-8 vans? are they loud as heck when going threw the drive threw?and does any one know any thing about the sidepipes that speedway motors are selling ,are they good quality and do they rust up quickely?
    got to put a new exauste on now and have been told not to run them out the back because the rear doors will suck the fumes in .
    Vantasia
    Vantasia

Number of posts : 1412
    Registration date : 2013-08-18

side pipes ??? Empty Re: side pipes ???

Post by Vantasia Mon Sep 21, 2015 6:11 pm

Talk to JoeVan from Fl. He runs sweet Zoomies but I think after small mufflers under the body with  a SBC in his 1st gen. You will only suck fumes if you have pop out windows and /or poor gaskets. I have rear duel pipes with solid doors and tight gaskets and never get any fumes in the back. Look at my avatar to see the pipes. If you plan on running with open rear windows if you have them, yes, it could be a problem.
    kookykrispy
    kookykrispy

Number of posts : 1533
    Registration date : 2009-05-22

Post by kookykrispy Wed Sep 23, 2015 6:42 am

I've got 'em on Hella Sunshine

side pipes ??? DSC00265

side pipes ??? DSC00264

side pipes ??? DSC00266

Not too loud at all, just a nice low rumble.  This full chrome style is good quality, but you have to pay more compared to the cheapie louvered type. These pipes were 60", but I had to shorten them by a couple inches, so keep in mind that some fabrication/welding was required.
    vanny
    vanny

Number of posts : 14775
    Registration date : 2012-09-22

Post by vanny Wed Sep 23, 2015 7:32 am

Kooky, that is one SWEET looking Chevy you've got there!!!Very Happy cheers Did you change the side doors at some point cause I noticed windows in your avatar and none in the middle pic you just posted? JMO, but I think you should use the middle pic as your avatar...it shows the nice aggressive stance...VRoom, VRoom!!! Twisted Evil

http://public.fotki.com/Vintage-Vans/vintage-vans-es/ruff-diamond-1/?cmd=fs_slideshow
    chopper tom
    chopper tom

Number of posts : 87
    Registration date : 2014-02-24

Post by chopper tom Wed Sep 23, 2015 7:20 pm

dang that's an awesome van!!!! caint wait to get mine to that stage!
    what are those mirrers ,look like rebent 65 chevy trucks.
    love tose pipes ,but looks way out of my price range.will be happy with the cheep louverd ones if there not total junk.
    did you chrome your headlight rings nd bumpers ? man that makes all the difference!
    would like to see some inside pics of your van too.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 7:48 pm