VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

3 posters

pictures of dash wiring loom needed

tikiwagon
    tikiwagon

Number of posts : 55
    Registration date : 2012-10-22

pictures of dash wiring loom needed Empty pictures of dash wiring loom needed

Post by tikiwagon Wed Jul 15, 2015 12:05 am

Has anyone got any pictures of the main dash wiring loom installed on their van as mine is a complete mess and have got another good used loom from a forum member but not sure where it should run (the last owner has also replaced a large part of the floor so cant see any mounts/tabs etc) also any pics of under the van where the loom comes through for the engine would be great. The van has just come back from the paintshop and is looking good
    Thanks
    RF Man
    RF Man

Number of posts : 120
    Registration date : 2014-03-14

pictures of dash wiring loom needed Empty Re: pictures of dash wiring loom needed

Post by RF Man Thu Jul 16, 2015 4:21 am

Hey tikiwagon---I don't have any pics of the wire harness as mine is actually out so I can paint my epup. But I will say that it appears to be one of the simplest wire harnesses that I have ever worked with. The wires are basicly hard wired to the light switch and ignition switch, so nothing to do there. The wires for the right headlight and engine compartment track along the top of kick/toe board. There are 3 or 4 holes drilled in the floor where plastic wire clamps snap into the holes to hold the wire loom. The loom turns downward into a triangular shaped recessed portion in the floor,drops downward towards the doghouse and penetrates through a 1 1/4" hole in the floor. It's now under the vehicle and swings back toward the drivers side of the vehicle on the under side and comes up into the doghouse. Hope this description helps.
    Mike
    tikiwagon
    tikiwagon

pictures of dash wiring loom needed Empty Re: pictures of dash wiring loom needed

Post by tikiwagon Thu Jul 16, 2015 1:01 pm

Thanks Mike makes sense but if any one has pics that would be great
    CraigK
    CraigK

Number of posts : 141
    Registration date : 2012-05-14

Post by CraigK Thu Jul 16, 2015 6:47 pm

Hi Tiki
    I have my harness out and am pretty sure I took pictures before I took it out but that was with my old phone so I will have to search for them. Hopefully I will have what you need. I will search the hard drive this weekend.

Craig in Ohio
    tikiwagon
    tikiwagon

Post by tikiwagon Sat Jul 18, 2015 11:13 am

Thanks Craig, That would be great
    CraigK
    CraigK

Number of posts : 141
    Registration date : 2012-05-14

Post by CraigK Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:45 am

Hi Tiki
    Doesn't look like I have what I thought I did.
    Here are a couple of pics I did find of the wiring before I removed it. Does show where the harness goes through the floor. Hope it helps you out
    url=https://servimg.com/view/17652584/86]pictures of dash wiring loom needed Img_0811[/url]
    url=https://servimg.com/view/17652584/87]pictures of dash wiring loom needed Img_0410[/url]
    url=https://servimg.com/view/17652584/88]pictures of dash wiring loom needed Img_0411[/url]
    url=https://servimg.com/view/17652584/89]pictures of dash wiring loom needed Img_0210[/url]
    tikiwagon
    tikiwagon

Post by tikiwagon Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:19 am

Hi Thanks for the pics that helps ive managed to get mine near that over the weekend

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 4:34 am