VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

2 posters

Carb lines question

Vandalf
    Vandalf

Number of posts : 20
    Registration date : 2015-03-26

Carb lines question Empty Carb lines question

Post by Vandalf Sun May 03, 2015 1:14 pm

This is the carb I ended up going with.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ROS-SERVICED-CARBURETOR-1965-69-FORD-6-CYLINDER-AUTOLITE-HOLLEY-D0PF-9510-A-/311320102607?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item487c1fc6cf&vxp=mtr

Now the only problem I'm having is with the lines and connections. I have no experience with carbs other than cleaning the one on my old scooter. What do I need to connect and to what? I know where the fuel line goes but I'm guessing on basically everything else since this carb is different from the one I just took off. Help?

photo Picture0503151424_1_zpshqehbvtc.jpg
    Seth G
    Seth G
    Vintage-Vans Listings Manager
    Vintage-Vans Listings Manager

Number of posts : 2086
    Registration date : 2013-04-24

Carb lines question Empty Re: Carb lines question

Post by Seth G Sun May 03, 2015 11:45 pm

The threaded one is for the hot air choke, An insulated steel tube attaches to that and goes to a passage on the exhaust manifold. Looks like you've got the vacuum advance and the fuel lines attached. Not sure what that upper port is for, you can cap it. You should have vacuum to the dist, fuel in, and the pcv hose can go to the manifold port if there isn't one for it on the carb, looks like there is a plug in the manifold port now.

Did you're old carb have a manual choke? If it did, you can look at the exhaust manifold and see if it has the passage for the choke tube, if it doesn't you can simply wrap the bare choke tube tightly around a convenient part of the exhaust manifold a time or two with the end facing down to avoid any debris dropping into it. You should be able to pick up choke tubing, the compression fitting for the carb and the insulation at a descent autoparts store.

You should be able to run the van without it, it may help to have the van at the store with you to get the right fitting.

I don't think they sell an electric choke conversion for those carbs, but I could be wrong. Hot air is technically better, imo anyway.
    Vandalf
    Vandalf

Number of posts : 20
    Registration date : 2015-03-26

Post by Vandalf Mon May 04, 2015 12:19 am

Thanks a million!! That was extremely helpful. I'll have a go at it in the morning.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 10:31 pm