VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

+2
DanTheVanMan
Donn
6 posters

Transportation website

Donn
    Donn

Number of posts : 692
    Registration date : 2009-04-05

Transportation website Empty Transportation website

Post by Donn Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:48 pm

I got a website from a post here not to long ago. It was a service that put for transportation needs up for auction.
    I cannot seem to find it now. Does anyone have it?
    Thank you..
    Donn
    DanTheVanMan
    DanTheVanMan
    Commissioner
    Commissioner

Number of posts : 7900
    Registration date : 2008-10-08

Transportation website Empty Re: Transportation website

Post by DanTheVanMan Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:06 pm

I remenber it. I did a search and came up empty the the thread must have been purged..... You might want to "Google" it... Smile

2004 Kawasaki KLR650
    1997 Jeep TJ Sport

My Mini Gallery

Transportation website Qr_cod10

<-<-<- Cruising is not a "Point A to Point B" thing, but an "Everything in between thing!  <-<-<-
    Nightmoves
    Nightmoves

Number of posts : 2214
    Registration date : 2008-11-17

Post by Nightmoves Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:43 pm

Thats ironic,there's a discussion goin on next door on the very same topic.I think I'm on the same track as ya'll,ifyour talkin about gettin a van moved cross country,Maybe this will help.
    http://www.vcvc.org/ubb/Forum1/HTML/005262.html
    benwah
    benwah

Number of posts : 1135
    Registration date : 2008-07-05

Post by benwah Thu Apr 16, 2009 6:13 am

Donn, theres a guy in Mass, real car, truck guy has an old Autocar form the 50s and an enclosed trailer, beautifull setup hes allways runnin cars n trucks and parts from out west to up here. have to find his phone #. Be carefull some carriers are a bit shoddy., I sold a 65 Buick Rivera GS to a guy in Germany, the car was mint and ran like a top. When it arived at port in its new home the water pump was pissing antifreeze every where, and had a hell of a time starting the car, someone screwed with the dual carb set-up. Im thinking it was the kid that picked up my car, he apeared to be a know it all with a cardboard toolbox.
    savage
    savage

Number of posts : 2626
    Registration date : 2008-05-15

Post by savage Thu Apr 16, 2009 6:54 am

Sounds like the guy who hauled the 2 vans from CA[img]Transportation website File0315[/img]Didn't have a winch to pull Non running vans on trailer(or unload) Smached back doors in with ramps, put strap over roof to hold side door shut?? messed up roof. The best was his Idea for unloading "let iit roll till it stops"???
    itruns
    itruns

Number of posts : 1605
    Registration date : 2008-07-03

Post by itruns Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:06 am

savage wrote:Sounds like the guy who hauled the 2 vans from CA[img]Transportation website File0315[/img]Didn't have a winch to pull Non running vans on trailer(or unload) Smached back doors in with ramps, put strap over roof to hold side door shut?? messed up roof. The best was his Idea for unloading "let iit roll till it stops"???

OMG! OK, I've paid my share of Stupid Tax, but that post almost made me puke. Damn, they were from California!
    benwah
    benwah

Post by benwah Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:32 am

Found his card, Motor Age Transport Brett Leonard owner operator home phone 1 508 693 1277 cell 1 774 563 8419 this guys setup is top notch liftgate, winch,inside lighting. enclosed trailer. I talked with him bout two years ago thinking ill import my scout from southern Az to Ct. was around 1400$ thats when the cost of fuel was stupid. he also told me its cheaper by the truck load. If i were ever to ship anything across the states again this is the guy to call. I know the vans wont show up in your door yard looking like the picture above.
    Donn
    Donn

Number of posts : 692
    Registration date : 2009-04-05

Post by Donn Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:12 pm

Thanks guys, I found the site and put up where it was coming from and to destination. I got about 20 replies in one day.
    Big discount auto movers, seem's to be the lowest price so far..
    benwah
    benwah

Post by benwah Fri Apr 17, 2009 6:05 am

You get what you pay for, there was a thread here a while back, someones early chevy on a car carrier, drivers window rolled 3/4 down and you could see the weather was rain! Mad I know id be pissed if I were the buyer. Talk to the seller have him video or take pictures of the loading prosess, that way anything comes up damaged missing you basicly know who to wave the blame at. If I ever sold anything that had to get shipped this way again id do it just to cover my own @ss. Dont care if its a $200 clunker or a $15000 Buick GS
    Nightmoves
    Nightmoves

Number of posts : 2214
    Registration date : 2008-11-17

Post by Nightmoves Fri Apr 17, 2009 6:26 am

Transportation website 66_han10
    Ben,I think this is the oneyou were talkin about.I never did find out who bought this van.It was goin to Cali. from Tenn. Cold,rainin,temp was about 38 that day.I saw it when I was fueling up one day

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 9:26 pm