VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

4 posters

Special surprise

EconoUSAparts
    EconoUSAparts

Number of posts : 2198
    Registration date : 2008-05-17

Special surprise Empty Special surprise

Post by EconoUSAparts Fri Apr 03, 2015 3:23 am

I'm posting this here to make sure it's seen by all. There will be a special surprise this year at Econo West at the Rose Bowl on April 18th. Would really like to see a big turnout for the event this year. You'll like the surprise for sure. It's probably a one time only deal so plan to be there if you can. Sean O'dell is supposed to let the cat out of the bag today about it. If he doesn't I'll update this post with the info. Along with this but totally seperate, there will be a few long distance attendees this year to from eastern Canada. Also hearing rumors of a possible 2nd surprise in attendance but no confirmation yet. Should be a good one,come out and support the event. It's FREE! Any make vehicle is welcome, not just Econolines.
    EconoUSAparts
    EconoUSAparts

Special surprise Empty Re: Special surprise

Post by EconoUSAparts Fri Apr 03, 2015 7:00 pm

So here's the scoop;
    I started working with Gene Winfield at Detroit Autorama a few months ago to have the Pacifica Econoline pickup at Econo West. I called Gene last night to finalize the deal. Unfortunately Gene can't make it but at least his Econoline will be there. I've seen it a few times and it's a work of art so be sure and check it out. Matchstick, Bj Schadt, Ken Hopcraft, Doug Virtualvanner Nykanen and myself have offered to cover the $200 needed to make this happen. This would cover the cost of hauling Pacifica and pay for one of Genes employees for the day. We would gladly accept donations if anyone wants to help out but nobody is obligated to do it. I'll go ahead and send Gene a check to cover the expenses. Any donations can be given to Matchstick or Ken Hopcraft at the show. The show itself is free but bring some extra cash to buy some Pacifica memorabilia or one of Gene's T shirts. Gene's employee willl have a booth set up at the show. Word on the street from Canada is some Steam Whistle stuff will also be available so support those that support the show please. Sean O'Dell will be providing some food and drinks I'm told. Let's make this a great show by having a big turnout. Tell all your friends. Spread the word Also don't forget to bring those extra parts to sell or swap. It's a good chance to get what ya need without having to pay shipping.
    vanny
    vanny

Number of posts : 14775
    Registration date : 2012-09-22

Post by vanny Fri Apr 03, 2015 7:07 pm

Sounds like a Great time, Tim. Please take some pics so those of us who can't make it can see some of the vans!! Please and Thank You! cheers

http://public.fotki.com/Vintage-Vans/vintage-vans-es/ruff-diamond-1/?cmd=fs_slideshow
    EconoUSAparts
    EconoUSAparts

Post by EconoUSAparts Sat Apr 04, 2015 4:36 am

vanny wrote:Sounds like a Great time, Tim. Please take some pics so those of us who can't make it can see some of the vans!! Please and Thank You! cheers

I unfortunately won't be there, can't get time off from work. Even so I still wanted Pacifica to be there for the rest of the people so I made it happen. If you've never seen it, it's highly modified and will keep you guessing a long time to figure out all the changes. Still waiting on a response from another possible attendee that would be a real crowd plesaer too.
    vanny
    vanny

Number of posts : 14775
    Registration date : 2012-09-22

Post by vanny Sat Apr 04, 2015 5:31 am

I think Don said he was going so I'm sure he'll probably take lots of pics!

Sounds like you've got some Great stuff lined up for it! In true Vanner spirit, you've arranged a great show for fellow vanners even though you won't be able to attend! At-A-Boy Tim!!! cheers Very Happy

http://public.fotki.com/Vintage-Vans/vintage-vans-es/ruff-diamond-1/?cmd=fs_slideshow
    jkr
    jkr

Number of posts : 1148
    Registration date : 2008-05-29

Post by jkr Sat Apr 04, 2015 8:31 am

Special surprise Atlant10

as seen at the atlantic nationals in Moncton new Brunswick Canada 2013
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 1731
    Registration date : 2008-05-01

Post by Admin Sun Apr 05, 2015 8:17 pm

If I'm not mistaken, this is one of the eVANts our Gov'ner attends before his yearly trip to the "Windy City", in spite of the onset of twister season Shocked

His well known van (to us anyway) is one of the Chevy's that attend this Econo hosted show Very Happy

I encourage anyone who lives relatively nearby to attend and support those who have gone out of their way to keep this alive by checking out their booths and maybe getting yourself a little something special for a few bucks Wink
    EconoUSAparts
    EconoUSAparts

Post by EconoUSAparts Mon Apr 06, 2015 5:33 pm

More good news. Coby Gewertz,aka Church will have his beautiful Econoline "VanGo" at Econo West April 18th at the Rose Bowl in Pasadena. You heard right Pacifica and VanGo at the same show. How freakin cool is that!!! This is a must see show if you can. Add in a little Steam Whiste goodies and it's gonna be fabulous. Bada bing, bada boom, it's gonna be killer!!!! And yes Chebby you are correct about the gov'nor attending the show.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 5:35 pm