VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

4 posters

Side belly pan tins....Driver side doesnt fit????

EvilToywarz
    EvilToywarz

Number of posts : 35
    Registration date : 2014-06-16

Side belly pan tins....Driver side doesnt fit???? Empty Side belly pan tins....Driver side doesnt fit????

Post by EvilToywarz Thu Mar 05, 2015 4:24 pm

Does anyone have a pic of the small driver side belly pan tin installed on a early econoline? My 62 Falcon van was missing the driver side, so I found one off a junked 64 econoline parts van. But it doesn't fit properly? Was there a difference between those years? Any help would be great!

Side belly pan tins....Driver side doesnt fit???? Img_1910

Side belly pan tins....Driver side doesnt fit???? Img_1911
    scarlin
    scarlin

Number of posts : 258
    Registration date : 2012-01-25

Side belly pan tins....Driver side doesnt fit???? Empty Re: Side belly pan tins....Driver side doesnt fit????

Post by scarlin Fri Mar 06, 2015 3:57 pm

There are 2 belly pans, one for a small 6, (144/170) 61 to 67, the other for a 65 to 67 big 6, 240. A 240 radiator is longer than a 170 and extends lower under the van. It seems someone may have put a 240 radiator in yours.
    econopoor
    econopoor
    Econoline Guru

Number of posts : 1747
    Registration date : 2010-04-18

Side belly pan tins....Driver side doesnt fit???? Empty Re: Side belly pan tins....Driver side doesnt fit????

Post by econopoor Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:57 pm

I believe 61 and 62 were the only ones to use the side shields. I've only had one 64 and it didn't come with a belly pan. I don't know how it was configured. Your pan looks bent. I can't access my spare pans right now to check. Sorry I'm not much help here. I may can investigate further once the weather breaks around here.
    EvilToywarz
    EvilToywarz

Post by EvilToywarz Fri Mar 06, 2015 6:49 pm

Yeah this is my driver side shield...My passenger side fits great and this is how the driver side fits. There is a 1" gap. This shield has no damage to it either. All factory bends. Also, my main belly pan is fine. I need help with the driver side shield tin piece. THANX
    Big W
    Big W

Number of posts : 3282
    Registration date : 2011-01-13

Post by Big W Fri Mar 06, 2015 9:29 pm

Do all the bolt holes line up on the driver side pan? Also that one tab on the front of the pan looks to be the culprit not allowing the pan to go up all the way. Can you move that tab up and over what ever it's hitting against to see if the pan will fit better? The only other thing that comes to mind is....Did someone put something on your van from a different year that is stopping that pan from going all the way up? Lots of parts interchange, but are slightly different in size and shape.
    EvilToywarz
    EvilToywarz

Post by EvilToywarz Fri Mar 06, 2015 9:58 pm

Yes the two bolts holes on the shield line up to the two cage nuts on the frame. If I cut the tab off where it bolts to the motor mount arm, it will work. That just seems odd I have to cut that tab off? I seen pics of these two side shields online and my appear exactly the same. I am lost at whats going on? Do you have a pic of your driver side?
    Big W
    Big W

Number of posts : 3282
    Registration date : 2011-01-13

Post by Big W Sat Mar 07, 2015 9:37 am

My 66 has no side pans on it, only the center one from radiator to grill. So that front tab bolts to the motor mount? is it possible that the 64 van the pan came from has a different motor mount then your 62? Of course that's just a guess....but if it were me, and your happy with this side pan, you could trim that tab back until the pan fits and then re-drill a new hole in that front tab to bolt up to your 62 mount.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 01, 2024 4:39 pm