VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

3 posters

Wheel / Rim Help

NoBiggie
    NoBiggie

Number of posts : 726
    Registration date : 2012-09-26

Wheel / Rim Help  Empty Wheel / Rim Help

Post by NoBiggie Sat Feb 28, 2015 8:18 am

These look like they would fit my Econo PU ok? They are 15 x 7 with 3 5/8 of backspacing, the bolt pattern is 5 x 4.5. Is that enough backspacing? I see most use a 4? I am looking at a set of 4 like the one on the right side of the pic. They were used on an old Mustang.

Wheel / Rim Help  00n0n_10
    Seth G
    Seth G
    Vintage-Vans Listings Manager
    Vintage-Vans Listings Manager

Number of posts : 2086
    Registration date : 2013-04-24

Wheel / Rim Help  Empty Re: Wheel / Rim Help

Post by Seth G Sat Feb 28, 2015 8:25 am

Those old daisy's are cool. Are they magnesium? 4" on a 7" rim is generally 0 offset, so those will push the rim out 3/8" or so. Probably fine in the back but I think you'll want to measure up front and it's going to depend on the tires you get front and back.

205/65's should fit the truck with those rims, but don't take my word for it, measure. May be able to go wider.

http://www.rimsntires.com/specspro.jsp
    Magic Bus
    Magic Bus

Number of posts : 1422
    Registration date : 2009-12-02

Post by Magic Bus Sat Feb 28, 2015 6:48 pm

Im pretty sure those will work, I had measured my available backspacing once but I didn't write it down. Most 7 " rims will work, 8 inch rims can get close to making the tires rub the fenders depending on the offset.
    NoBiggie
    NoBiggie

Number of posts : 726
    Registration date : 2012-09-26

Post by NoBiggie Sun Mar 01, 2015 8:43 am

Thanks for the info. I haven't had time to measure the backspace. I can pick these up for $350, if they work I will just need new tires. The truck has been lifted/raised a bit, and the wheel wells have been trimmed out in the past, so there should be tons of room height wise. They may be worth picking up for that money. I can get them restored a bit, they are 30 year old. And he does have brand new center caps.
    Magic Bus
    Magic Bus

Number of posts : 1422
    Registration date : 2009-12-02

Post by Magic Bus Sun Mar 01, 2015 5:09 pm

They probably will work based on what you said. That price Im guessing is a fair/high market value. But then again I don't know they may be worth 1000 dollars? If you like them the thing is I don't think you can get new ones like that?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:28 am