VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

4 posters

TAIL GATE REPAIR PANELS ARE DONE AND READY AND IN STOCK

Old Skool
    Econoline Guru

Number of posts : 1306
    Registration date : 2009-06-13

TAIL GATE REPAIR PANELS ARE DONE AND READY AND IN STOCK Empty TAIL GATE REPAIR PANELS ARE DONE AND READY AND IN STOCK

Post by Old Skool Sun Feb 08, 2015 9:49 pm

FINNALLY after MANY years of discussions about bending the metal correctly and so many attempts at it,, ITS DONE AND ITS PERFECT!!!! bounce  bounce  cheers
     It took a lot of work, many attempts, many people and throwing some hard cash at it to get it right. It’s designed so that its very difficult to see that the repair has been done and as easy as it can get to install. By using the straight line of the lower bend to hide the repair it is difficult to see.  The bending and the tube IS EXACTLY THE SAME as from Ford complete with two pieces of tubing to fit your tail gate hinge. A full length of tubing available if wanted also. Designed to be either plug welded or spot welded in place.
     To install it, the tail gate needs to have the bad part removed by cutting the lower piece out at the lower straight bend under the lettering and the spot welds on the vertical side support lower flanges to be drilled out for plug welding if you do not use a spot welder to assemble it. Both repair areas can easily be spot welded also.
     The panel is attached on the inside of the tail gate using a 1/2" flange that gets either plug welded or spot welded in place and is  the only way you can tell the repair has been done. After completing the repair normal prep work and filling is used before painting.
    Price is $275
    Old Skool

In respect to everyone, please PM if interested
    Old Skool Econoline Engineering
    vlafountaine@socal.rr.com.  

TAIL GATE REPAIR PANELS ARE DONE AND READY AND IN STOCK Tail_g15 

TAIL GATE REPAIR PANELS ARE DONE AND READY AND IN STOCK Tail_g12

TAIL GATE REPAIR PANELS ARE DONE AND READY AND IN STOCK Tail_g13

TAIL GATE REPAIR PANELS ARE DONE AND READY AND IN STOCK Tail_g14

TAIL GATE REPAIR PANELS ARE DONE AND READY AND IN STOCK Tailga11

TAIL GATE REPAIR PANELS ARE DONE AND READY AND IN STOCK Tail_g16
    scarlin
    scarlin

Number of posts : 258
    Registration date : 2012-01-25

TAIL GATE REPAIR PANELS ARE DONE AND READY AND IN STOCK Empty Re: TAIL GATE REPAIR PANELS ARE DONE AND READY AND IN STOCK

Post by scarlin Mon Feb 09, 2015 3:36 pm

I was working on this too, along the same lines but your here 1st. Looks good!
    Sam
    Pyrolume
    Pyrolume

Number of posts : 14
    Registration date : 2014-12-02

TAIL GATE REPAIR PANELS ARE DONE AND READY AND IN STOCK Empty Re: TAIL GATE REPAIR PANELS ARE DONE AND READY AND IN STOCK

Post by Pyrolume Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:19 am

I want one!
    Oscarm
    Oscarm

Number of posts : 91
    Registration date : 2014-05-06

Post by Oscarm Tue Feb 10, 2015 8:14 am

NICE! Now, how is the 'shipable' (2 piece) dash skirt coming along ? :lol
    Old Skool
    Econoline Guru

Number of posts : 1306
    Registration date : 2009-06-13

Post by Old Skool Fri Feb 13, 2015 6:47 pm

UPDATE,,, A lot of people have been asking for a freight price to their zip code and I appreciate that. However,,, in order to give a price its pretty hard for me to do unless I know which shipper, and actually get a price for it.
    SO,, I finally made it to the box store today to find a box for them. I always try to keep the freight price as low as I can for people by packing as small as I can. Fail to understand some of the items I see in a great big box???? The shipping companies charge for all three dimensions and the weight for their combination.
    Today I found a box that I can fold flat and bought some water pipe insulation lengths for padding.
    The total length is 54" x 8" x 2 1/2" at 8 lbs. Some have said that the shipping should be about $20 to $30 dollars depending on where to?? I can only guess to the exact cost until I actually bring it there..... sorry.
    Old Skool

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 10:18 am