VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

3 posters

Remembering things=??

Twinpilot001
    Twinpilot001

Number of posts : 6186
    Registration date : 2009-09-28

Remembering things=?? Empty Remembering things=??

Post by Twinpilot001 Thu Jan 15, 2015 11:32 am

I was on a  motorcycle trip- central Texas to glacier park in montana in 1975 .  Went thru el paso  tx. to  have a nephew go along . coming up into new mexico--north of Santa Fe- on NM 84 Highway   which is a nice  small country road -that  climbs up  into rolling hills & with the mountains on the west side.  going  (road) up / down & curving too-  yet one can do 60mph all day there. We were running along it @ 75-75 when i noticed a car  coming up behind us . Was a red   one far behind &  no other traffic was seen for many miles then. The car after several minutes coming closer & closer  . We topped a curvy hill & was passed By the -Candy Apple red early=50's  ford truck- passed us like we were sitting -STILL!! again were doing 70-75mph.!The truck engine sounded like a wound up -singer sewing machine- like no other engine ive ever heard then or since!! He  became about- 1/2=3/4 mile ahead of us  = slowed down & turned west into a driveway. going into a nice ranch with a large white painted wood fence around what id guess was  maybe 100+ acres!! Against a mountain setting-just very beautiful!! curious as ive always been- i slowed & stopped to read the name on the mail box. To my amazement was the name --- A. Unser!! That truck was  I believe  dropped onto an old indy car chassis & had an offy engine in it!!!!!!!!  Darn that truck could handle & run!! Been by the place  several times over the years too - was beginning to get  in bad shape & needing paint & upkeep. still had that famous name on the mail box!! Has been at least 35 years now since ive seen that !! What a memory!!  cheers cheers cheers
    diamond dave
    diamond dave

Number of posts : 565
    Registration date : 2012-04-24

Remembering things=?? Empty Re: Remembering things=??

Post by diamond dave Thu Jan 15, 2015 6:24 pm

that's awesome!!!
    dix
    dix
    Moderator 1st Class
    Moderator 1st Class

Number of posts : 8732
    Registration date : 2008-05-29

Post by dix Fri Jan 16, 2015 3:30 am

i can't remember what i wanted to ask ??? Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 11:25 am