VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

4 posters

61-70 chevy van wanted in North east region

Donn
    Donn

Number of posts : 692
    Registration date : 2009-04-05

61-70 chevy van wanted in North east region Empty 61-70 chevy van wanted in North east region

Post by Donn Sun Apr 05, 2009 11:54 pm

Hey guys,

I am new here and really like the feel of your site, seems like a lot of good people here!
    I am not an expert of Chevy vans, but I am looking for a '61 ( I think that's the earliest model) thru '70. Perfect truck would be:
    A good solid body with no or VERY little rust, 6cyl, manual or auto, in running condition with no side windows, would consider side door windows on the right truck. On the east coast would be nice closer to New York the better, I am howere interested in any location for the right truck. Here's the hard part I am looking to spend $1,000 to $3,000, the later might be rough to get past the wife but...
    I have some Taylor Guitars I can work into the price in any members would like to have a partial trade.
    Thanks for your help,
    Donn

61-70 chevy van wanted in North east region Empty Re: 61-70 chevy van wanted in North east region

Post by Guest Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:38 am

if it's a chevy you seek it's 64-70 are your years...
    64-66 flat windshield 67-70 curved windshield
    easiest way to identify em
    and here ya go, doesn't get much closer or in your price range than this today
    http://newhaven.craigslist.org/cto/1106291302.html
    welcome to the site
    G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Number of posts : 30743
    Registration date : 2008-05-06

61-70 chevy van wanted in North east region Empty Re: 61-70 chevy van wanted in North east region

Post by G-Man Mon Apr 06, 2009 6:46 am

Welcome to the site, if that one is not what your looking for just keep a eye out at the for sale section.
    Nightmoves
    Nightmoves

Number of posts : 2214
    Registration date : 2008-11-17

Post by Nightmoves Mon Apr 06, 2009 7:41 am

First off,Welcome Donn! Like G-man says,watch the G for sale section.there's always something popping up in there. I'm glad you use two 'n's on Donn.We have about 12 in here. lol jk jk I get confused on which Don sometimes.Welcome aboard.
    mcfly
    mcfly

Number of posts : 626
    Registration date : 2008-11-10

Post by mcfly Tue Apr 07, 2009 7:39 am

Welcome Donn,
    Not much going on here on the Island when it comes to earlies.
    A few fords,and dodges,2nd gen chevys have the most numbers,and you can forget about any decent 1st gen chevys.I haven't seen a good one in a long time. Pretty much given up on that. Seen a few Econo pickups,there's a guy in Glen Cove thats been trying to sell one.
    That one in Conn. sounds like it might be worth the trip.

mike
    Donn
    Donn

Number of posts : 692
    Registration date : 2009-04-05

Post by Donn Tue Apr 07, 2009 12:11 pm

Mike,
    Yeah you don't see many on the Island, I guess rust took most of them. I should have included early Fords in my first message. I am checking out this on ebay ( 220389633884) wondering what you, and others think of it?
    I called the one in CT it seems to be pretty customized but the guy seems like a nice guy. He is sending me pictures, if it looks good I may check it out.
    Thanks for writing, it's funny but before I found this web site I thought I was the only person that was into the early vans. Most people look at me strange when I tell them I want one..
    G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Number of posts : 30743
    Registration date : 2008-05-06

Post by G-Man Tue Apr 07, 2009 12:43 pm

Donn you're with family now!!!LOL
    mcfly
    mcfly

Number of posts : 626
    Registration date : 2008-11-10

Post by mcfly Tue Apr 07, 2009 2:44 pm

Donn, hey I been called a lot worst things then strange .The no rust thing is key on the van you are looking at .After picking up my econoline I realized how bad my chevy really was.Good luck, I will keep my eye on ebay.

mike
    Nightmoves
    Nightmoves

Number of posts : 2214
    Registration date : 2008-11-17

Post by Nightmoves Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:59 pm

Donn,when I said van,I got 'that look' ( ya'll know what Im talkin about),acompanied with the question ...why?
    Then I said, can you haul stuff in your truck and not get it wet?Can you work on your motor in the rain? How many people can you carry with gear?
    Just giving you some defense bud.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 7:08 pm