VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

4 posters

Just Remembering

lpiston
    lpiston

Number of posts : 2
    Registration date : 2015-01-08

Just Remembering Empty Just Remembering

Post by lpiston Thu Jan 08, 2015 9:29 pm

Just stumbled on your forum and had to post. I am 61 now but in the early 70s owned a 65 Chevyvan. It came with a 235 I believe laced up to a powerglide. Switched it to a 327 30 over on pistons, 30 30 chevy solid lifter cam , wiend single carb tunnel ram manifold. Planted a 750 holley double pumper on it and hooked up a Band M 350 and a holeshot torque converter. Chromed the bumpers, painted the van baby blue and had Bob Bond pinstripe some dark blue flames on the sides with the logo Back Alive From 65 also added to the striping. I put Cragars all around. N50-15s in back and G50-14s in front. Took my honeymoon camping in that van. The fun I had with my Chevyvan will be a treasured memory as you can read from my rambling. Thank you for the post
    vanny
    vanny

Number of posts : 14775
    Registration date : 2012-09-22

Just Remembering Empty Re: Just Remembering

Post by vanny Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:32 am

If you have some pics, we'd love to see some! Who knows, maybe someone will recognize it from back in the day! Time to get another one!!!

http://public.fotki.com/Vintage-Vans/vintage-vans-es/ruff-diamond-1/?cmd=fs_slideshow
    Vantasia
    Vantasia

Number of posts : 1412
    Registration date : 2013-08-18

Post by Vantasia Fri Jan 09, 2015 6:23 am

Hi!, I'm the same age as you and only a year or so ago bought a '64 Chevy van, similar to the '66 I had back in the 70's, so why not stop remembering your van and get another one! You will be glad you did! Even more fun than I remember....should be easy to find a nice one in SoCal too.....
    lpiston
    lpiston

Number of posts : 2
    Registration date : 2015-01-08

Post by lpiston Fri Jan 09, 2015 7:12 pm

Sorry, Back then I took no pictures. I wish I had, just a kid. Now, though, I am reliving my childhood through a 77 El Camino. That was hard enough to get past my wife. They just don't understand.
    PolarBear2
    PolarBear2

Number of posts : 183
    Registration date : 2008-05-16

Post by PolarBear2 Sat Jan 10, 2015 5:28 pm

Where in SoCal are you?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 1:55 pm