VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

+2
Digz
diamond dave
6 posters

foglights. . what are you running?

diamond dave
    diamond dave

Number of posts : 565
    Registration date : 2012-04-24

foglights. . what are you running? Empty foglights. . what are you running?

Post by diamond dave Wed Dec 03, 2014 7:40 pm

looking to maybe put some fog or driving lights on my van for next year and i'm wondering what you all are running? i'm not real big on modern stuff and try to stick to around the 70's era with my van styling, so I think some new ones would stand out a bit.
    any ideas are appreciated. thanks.
    Digz
    Digz

Number of posts : 3794
    Registration date : 2008-05-17

foglights. . what are you running? Empty Re: foglights. . what are you running?

Post by Digz Thu Dec 04, 2014 5:03 am

I got these as a door or raffle prize at Baker's. Pretty old school, happened to be a couple holes in the front pan that worked. Don't use them much but they needed a home. Bad place to mount them but was easy.
    foglights. . what are you running? Img_2810
    Vantasia
    Vantasia

Number of posts : 1412
    Registration date : 2013-08-18

Post by Vantasia Thu Dec 04, 2014 7:52 am

Unity still makes a nice round style vintage line, top quality, probably the best fog lights you can buy...

http://www.unityusa.com/Vintage-Roadlights_c_94.html

And they also have square ones

http://www.unityusa.com/4X6-560-570-580-590-670-690_c_90.html

Both in clear and amber, various sizes.  This is the same company that makes all the spotlights used on police cars....there is usually a large selection of used ones on eBay too...
    Twinpilot001
    Twinpilot001

Number of posts : 6186
    Registration date : 2009-09-28

Post by Twinpilot001 Thu Dec 04, 2014 7:59 am

Many avail. Piaa is about largest modern mfg. of lights -lucas too. u can spend whatever is your budget on these too.I personally dont spend any big bux on this -due to wanting to see how much ill use them & they always seem to have 1 or both damaged from rocks , ect. from cars ?? Thats y i wont spend 2-300.00 for a pair! Evil or Very Mad affraid cheers
    dan nachel
    dan nachel

Number of posts : 394
    Registration date : 2012-01-24

Post by dan nachel Thu Dec 04, 2014 5:55 pm

You can see mine in my avitar. Fork lift lights. A friend gave them to me. FREE !!!!!!
    Joe Van
    Joe Van
    Moderator 1st Class
    Moderator 1st Class

Number of posts : 4619
    Registration date : 2012-10-11

Post by Joe Van Thu Dec 04, 2014 6:26 pm

Digz wrote:I got these as a door or raffle prize at Baker's. Pretty old school, happened to be a couple holes in the front pan that worked. Don't use them much but they needed a home. Bad place to mount them but was easy.
    foglights. . what are you running? Img_2810
    Hey Joe I want to get a set of fog lights also but don't want to drill any holes in my bumper I like them where you have them mounted why was it a bad place to mount them there was there clearance issues going up or down hills??...You can find the "Old School" fog lights on Ebay.. Smile .

Number of posts : 3794
    Registration date : 2008-05-17

Post by Digz Thu Dec 04, 2014 8:58 pm

Just bad if you run over something like a stick or roadkill or some odd trash in the road. You and I are up in the air enough I doubt we have to worry about curbs and such.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 2:35 am