VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

4 posters

1st Gen Econo Wanted, California

jkchubbes

Number of posts : 24
    Registration date : 2014-10-13

1st Gen Econo Wanted, California Empty 1st Gen Econo Wanted, California

Post by jkchubbes Fri Oct 31, 2014 5:27 pm

Recently got in a nasty motorcycle accident, enough for me to walk away from the bikes and thought it would be a smooth transition into the van thing.  Looking for a 1st generation Econoline preferably 65-67 but if the price was right I wouldn't mind an earlier model. Also i'm not much of a body guy so i'm not looking for too much of a cancer project.

-Jacob
    jkchubbes@yahoo.com
    uante
    uante

Number of posts : 1466
    Registration date : 2014-01-26

1st Gen Econo Wanted, California Empty Re: 1st Gen Econo Wanted, California

Post by uante Fri Oct 31, 2014 7:48 pm

Congrats on your survival of the bike wreck! And welcome to the forum. I gave up bikes myself about 17 years ago.

Keep watching new posts of vans for sale, there's plenty of them that pop up in California.

kookykrispy
    kookykrispy

Number of posts : 1533
    Registration date : 2009-05-22

Post by kookykrispy Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:02 pm

Welcome to the forum. We'll find you your van. Good thinking on swearing off the motorcycles. I don't ride anymore either. Just too dangerous. Glad you are here with us, and alive.
    vanny
    vanny

Number of posts : 14775
    Registration date : 2012-09-22

Post by vanny Sat Nov 01, 2014 3:16 am

Welcome Jacob, glad you're OK. Seems a lot of motorcycle guys and gals also have a taste for the old vans. I think it might be the character of these vintage vans and the fact that you can customize them and make 'em your own just like the motorcycles.

If you look through the "E" vans for sale section here, it gets updated quite often and don't think you have to jump at the first one you see. Sometimes some really good buys come along and you can kick yourself for jumping in too quick. Just buy what is a good fit for you and your skills.

Most of all, if you don't have good metal work skills, try to find something with the least amount of rust that you can afford. I think most everyone, even guys with good metal skills can agree on is that rust is a real pain in the butt because it's hard work to get rid of and can be expensive as well. Take your time and the right van will grab you!!! cheers Very Happy

http://public.fotki.com/Vintage-Vans/vintage-vans-es/ruff-diamond-1/?cmd=fs_slideshow

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:16 pm