VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

+5
Twinpilot001
Nightmoves
Joe Van
donivan65
CandyVanCan
9 posters

New here & attempting to figure this sight out...

CandyVanCan
    CandyVanCan

Number of posts : 59
    Registration date : 2014-10-26

New here & attempting to figure this sight out... Empty New here & attempting to figure this sight out...

Post by CandyVanCan Sun Oct 26, 2014 9:21 pm

Hello I hope to enjoy the jurney with ya'll...
    donivan65
    donivan65
    Governor
    Governor

Number of posts : 12220
    Registration date : 2008-05-12

New here & attempting to figure this sight out... Empty Re: New here & attempting to figure this sight out...

Post by donivan65 Sun Oct 26, 2014 9:33 pm

,,,you are starting off good in my book,,,,,,,,you put down a good location of where you are at,,,,which tells me you want to be part of our operation,,,,,,,,if you were trying to enlarge the font,,,,,the words go between the 2 size brackets,,,,,,same way for the colors
    CandyVanCan
    CandyVanCan

New here & attempting to figure this sight out... Empty Re: New here & attempting to figure this sight out...

Post by CandyVanCan Sun Oct 26, 2014 10:41 pm

Thanks, guess I'll stick with the plain & simple for now...
    tried to upload some photos, but the little "gear" just spun around for ever. perhaps later when I have more time...

I started out with a `65 GMC Handy-bus about a year ago. Then stumbled across a`67 108 (out-side of the) barn find. It was purchased locally from Wagner Chevrolet for service as a Hazel's Candies delivery van. It is mostly a "survivor" and still has the Logos on the side, along with the original 283 & 3 on the tree.

We drug it home about a mile with a chain with the intention of using it for parts for the `65. However after assessing both, and subsequently receiving an offer on the `65, the Candy Van Can became the keeper! It proved to be a wise choice, as it has shone its self to be vary "un-molested" and rust free. So far it has all new brakes, fuel system (the tank only required hot-tanking, no rust), and stealth electronic ignition to replace the points. the engine runs smooth and quiet, no smoke at all! All the latches were removed cleaned and rebuilt as needed (worn parts were brazed and turned on a lathe to spec) they operate as new. We're going for the survivor look thus attempting to retain all of it's Patina possible!2014-10-2622:40:58
    More to come....
    Joe Van
    Joe Van
    Moderator 1st Class
    Moderator 1st Class

Number of posts : 4619
    Registration date : 2012-10-11

Post by Joe Van Mon Oct 27, 2014 4:18 am

WELCOME To VV..!!!.. cheers ..Enjoy The Ride..........

Number of posts : 2214
    Registration date : 2008-11-17

Post by Nightmoves Mon Oct 27, 2014 5:42 am

Welcome to Vintage-Vans,CVC.
    Picture postin is the fun part.
    Enjoy the board.
    Twinpilot001
    Twinpilot001

Number of posts : 6186
    Registration date : 2009-09-28

Post by Twinpilot001 Mon Oct 27, 2014 6:00 am

Well Candy can- u will enjoy all-see ur south of me a little too!!- The only headache we all have is "Picture posting"!! When u discover how it is really simple -just hard to remember each time u havent used it in a while!! Twisted Evil Have fun here -its a great group cheers
    Big W
    Big W

Number of posts : 3282
    Registration date : 2011-01-13

Post by Big W Mon Oct 27, 2014 6:43 pm

Welcome to VV cvc. Looking forward to some pics once you get that figured. You have come to the right place for vintage van knowledge. Best of the best in here.
    CandyVanCan
    CandyVanCan

Post by CandyVanCan Mon Oct 27, 2014 7:59 pm

Thanks everyone! I believe I got the "upload" figured out (Chose the old school option)...
    CandyVanCan
    CandyVanCan

Post by CandyVanCan Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:01 pm

Well OK so I still have to work on the picture that goes with the posts ???
    hywaychild
    hywaychild

Number of posts : 389
    Registration date : 2008-05-27

Post by hywaychild Tue Oct 28, 2014 12:50 pm

welcome to the show jocolor jocolor bounce bounce lol! lol! jocolor jocolor lol! lol!
    donivan65
    donivan65
    Governor
    Governor

Post by donivan65 Tue Oct 28, 2014 1:06 pm

I think I would stay away from writing in BLUE,,,,,,,,also go up to PROFILE,,,choose AVATAR and get yourself an icon to go along with your name for your posts,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

New here & attempting to figure this sight out... Blue10
    CandyVanCan
    CandyVanCan

Post by CandyVanCan Tue Oct 28, 2014 7:42 pm

Thank you Donivan65... "Avitar" accepted my photo (I think)...
    donivan65
    donivan65
    Governor
    Governor

Post by donivan65 Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:12 pm

it says Hazels
    CandyVanCan
    CandyVanCan

Post by CandyVanCan Tue Oct 28, 2014 11:53 pm

Yes, that's true... Hazel's (and in cursive) Candies.

Thus the CandyVanCan "pun" from the song; "The Candy Man Can" ...`cuz he mixes it with love and makes the world go around...

They had a local candy factory here in Yakima, Other locations were; Northgate Mall (Tacoma, WA) & Seattle center (Seattle, WA)

As it turns out a friend of mine owns the former "factory" building, and filled me in on some history when I mentioned I had acquired the "Candy Van". I'm hopeful that he, or people he knows can provide some vintage photos of both the van & the factory...
    Nightmoves
    Nightmoves

Number of posts : 2214
    Registration date : 2008-11-17

Post by Nightmoves Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:33 am

cool story,nice save.
    donivan65
    donivan65
    Governor
    Governor

Post by donivan65 Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:21 am

,,,,I surely like KitKat candy bars,,,,,,,
    diamond dave
    diamond dave

Number of posts : 565
    Registration date : 2012-04-24

Post by diamond dave Thu Nov 06, 2014 8:39 pm

welcome to the site. great looking van so far. stick around and enjoy the fun.
    CandyVanCan
    CandyVanCan

Post by CandyVanCan Thu Nov 06, 2014 9:46 pm

Thanks Diamond Dave... I plan to, I've already gleaned some good pointers from reading the threads!

dan nachel
    dan nachel

Number of posts : 394
    Registration date : 2012-01-24

Post by dan nachel Fri Nov 07, 2014 5:11 pm

But you bought a chevy anyway.!! Ha ha welcome

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 9:31 pm