VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

+3
Space Truckin
donivan65
weirdbeard
7 posters

Appriasal Service

weirdbeard
    weirdbeard
    Vintage-Vans Listings Manager
    Vintage-Vans Listings Manager

Number of posts : 2374
    Registration date : 2014-04-15

Appriasal Service Empty Appriasal Service

Post by weirdbeard Sat Oct 25, 2014 3:06 pm

Has anyone used an Appraisal Service to value there van if so what did they come up with?  Was it more or less they you think it was worth or what they are selling for?
    donivan65
    donivan65
    Governor
    Governor

Number of posts : 12220
    Registration date : 2008-05-12

Appriasal Service Empty Re: Appriasal Service

Post by donivan65 Sat Oct 25, 2014 4:59 pm

,,,seems to me,,,,,, SpaceTruckin won't buy anything without an appraisal first,,,,,,,
    Space Truckin
    Space Truckin

Number of posts : 1279
    Registration date : 2009-10-17

Post by Space Truckin Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:07 pm

With everything so scattered across the old USA, I find it good insurance to pay for an "inspection service" as to rely on crummy pix and sellers descriptions. JM2C
    kookykrispy
    kookykrispy

Number of posts : 1533
    Registration date : 2009-05-22

Post by kookykrispy Sun Oct 26, 2014 6:42 am

I had my vans appraised, they offered me scrap value, then I noticed the 'cash for junk cars' sign on the truck lol
    GMman
    GMman

Number of posts : 798
    Registration date : 2014-10-14

Post by GMman Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:23 am

Here in the Try-State "Salt-Belt" area, NE Iowa, SE Minnesota, SW Wisconsin, Vintage vehicles seem to have no value. Vehicles have different values depending on your Zip Code.
    hywaychild
    hywaychild

Number of posts : 389
    Registration date : 2008-05-27

Post by hywaychild Sun Oct 26, 2014 5:05 pm

WOW !!! Is it me or has the price of vans has gone crazy .And .it's mostly the junked out parts rat truck going crazy in price.There was a time when you could get a ((junk out or rat van)) all day long for under 500 bucks now even the real bad trucks if it runs enough to get on a trailer they all seem to want to start at $2500 bucks or more for something i would never pay 500 bucks for in the day and the day was not that long ago.
    So whats a truck worth these days a really nice stock truck ????? 5.000 10.000 20.000 30.000 more ???? that won't buy mine even if a adjuster said it was only worth 3000 .and are we pricing our self right out of the thing we love the most ??? Just my thought on it ,,,hywaychild
    Twinpilot001
    Twinpilot001

Number of posts : 6186
    Registration date : 2009-09-28

Post by Twinpilot001 Sun Oct 26, 2014 6:21 pm

In my opnion--for what thats worth= lol! I would NEVER!! Pay over 5 k for an original van -ones we deal with here - I mean ORIGIONAL, Low Mileage-under 100,000 NO RUST at all or body damage!!A Nice DRIVER!---- NOT!! = Needing paint!! Thats just me !! There are way too many vans out there= that can be found- way below 2k that still need work & we all know what that costs us!! Why pay big bux for a van that has been done to someone elses wants & wills -That we will need to change to suit out individuality & purpose. The expansive vans are just sellers wanting to make a fast buck & find another sale!! Be careful-Dont be in a rush & you will find what u want!! @ a price you can afford & fix your way!! cheers

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:25 am