VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

4 posters

63 Falcon. On the fence.

Brassjeremy
    Brassjeremy

Number of posts : 2
    Registration date : 2014-10-13

63 Falcon. On the fence. Empty 63 Falcon. On the fence.

Post by Brassjeremy Tue Oct 14, 2014 12:03 pm

I'm on the fence regarding picking up a 63' Falcon Van I drove yesterday. Engine looks and feels clean but I'm no mechanic. I've always driven stick and the three on the tree was pretty easy to pick up. It's the original 170 straight six. No idea how many miles on it. This vehicle shows little rust and the work that was done to a repaired area is all metal (not bondo). There is a bird's nest of wires hanging down from the left of the steering column but the owner assures me that a cable kit will take care of this look. The electrical seemed to be working for the most part anyway (Head/tail lights and signals). The undercarriage looks decent for 51 years old and I'm told the tires and shocks are new as well. Nice seats and new bench in back. No insulation even in the doghouse so it's like riding inside of a lawn mower. They're looking for close to 5K for this one but having not owned one before I'm not sure how much of a risk I'm taking. I appreciate any insight.

From the ad: Runs smooth, Partially restored. New parts: shocks, gas pump and line, spark plugs, thermostat, radiator, hoses replaced, overflow container, Seats, all window seals, new windshield, 4 tires, speedometer glass, glove box, electric fan distributor. alternator, universal joints--Restored parts: gas tank resealed, exhaust heat wrap, exhaust hangers, chrome and emblems, no rust and more.

Hope these pic worked out. I followed the prompts but just see the URLs.

63 Falcon. On the fence. Nest12

63 Falcon. On the fence. Front10

63 Falcon. On the fence. Engine10

63 Falcon. On the fence. Wheel10
    weirdbeard
    weirdbeard
    Vintage-Vans Listings Manager

Number of posts : 2374
    Registration date : 2014-04-15

63 Falcon. On the fence. Empty Re: 63 Falcon. On the fence.

Post by weirdbeard Tue Oct 14, 2014 12:07 pm

What is the asking price?
    Brassjeremy
    Brassjeremy

Number of posts : 2
    Registration date : 2014-10-13

Post by Brassjeremy Tue Oct 14, 2014 12:17 pm

Sign on the window says $4875 but it's $4700 on C's List. We joked about that and he said make me an offer. He's selling it for his son who's off to college. Said they picked it up in AZ off a reservation and went to work on it.
    weirdbeard
    weirdbeard

Number of posts : 2374
    Registration date : 2014-04-15

Post by weirdbeard Tue Oct 14, 2014 12:24 pm

Offer $1,500 I would not go more than $3,500 but that is me.
    dan nachel
    dan nachel

Number of posts : 394
    Registration date : 2012-01-24

Post by dan nachel Tue Oct 14, 2014 4:18 pm

It is worth whatever you are willing to pay. That being said, start low and hopefully meet somewhere in the middle. Even if you only get the price down a couple hundred, I think you have a really good van to start with. Good luck and keep us posted.
    Twinpilot001
    Twinpilot001

Number of posts : 6186
    Registration date : 2009-09-28

Post by Twinpilot001 Tue Oct 14, 2014 4:27 pm

Im with wierdbeard - 3500.max!! it is clean & the wires- is about standard for these vans too! everybody is trying to make some  $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ on the stuff -without doing much to them!! if no rust!! likely a good one .! Take the max $$ u have with u- all in $1.00 bills = show them the cash & if NO?? walk away!! Bet he says yes after seeing that roll of cash!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! always works for me -many have said or called me ="JEWISH!!"      I always tell them - "I'M the =RABBI!!!!!!!!!!"" cheers cheers cheers affraid lol! lol! lol!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:34 pm