VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

3 posters

Does anyone have a wiring diagram for the headlights in an A100??

funbuilder59
    funbuilder59

Number of posts : 25
    Registration date : 2014-09-07

Does anyone have a wiring diagram for the headlights in an A100?? Empty Does anyone have a wiring diagram for the headlights in an A100??

Post by funbuilder59 Sat Oct 11, 2014 8:24 pm

Hi Gang, I'm trying to make heads or tails out of the lights on my A100 pick up. I have opened up the harness to reveal why the black wire on my light switch has key off power...it is tied into a heavy red wire at a 4 wire intersection crimped and soldered , looks like factory work! The headlights will come on w the switch, but none of the other wires get power on the first click or second click. I have two switches and both respond the same. If I jump terms on the switch plug ( while unplugged) I can get tail, park and dash lights to work. I'm looking for another power wire( maybe the red one) or ??? there is power at the fuse and it's good. A diagram would be helpful! Thanks.
    vanny
    vanny

Number of posts : 14775
    Registration date : 2012-09-22

Does anyone have a wiring diagram for the headlights in an A100?? Empty Re: Does anyone have a wiring diagram for the headlights in an A100??

Post by vanny Sat Oct 11, 2014 9:01 pm

Don't know if this will help or not but I just found this online: https://imgur.com/a/Qu49O#8qavgIs

Hope it helps.

http://public.fotki.com/Vintage-Vans/vintage-vans-es/ruff-diamond-1/?cmd=fs_slideshow
    funbuilder59
    funbuilder59

Does anyone have a wiring diagram for the headlights in an A100?? Empty Re: Does anyone have a wiring diagram for the headlights in an A100??

Post by funbuilder59 Sat Oct 11, 2014 9:29 pm

Cool thanks, I printed them and will get to looking at this tomorrow. So far, it looks like I have it right...maybe two bad switches!
    donivan65
    donivan65
    Governor
    Governor

Number of posts : 12220
    Registration date : 2008-05-12

Post by donivan65 Sat Oct 11, 2014 9:32 pm

my 65 book says by the letters on the back of the switch,,,,,,D-white wire is ground for dome light,,,,,I-tan wire to dash light fuse,,,,,H-yellow wire to dimmer switch,,,,,R-brown wire to tail lights,,,P dark green wire to parking lights,,,,B2-red wire to pink wire to tail/stop/dome fuse,,,,
    B1- black wire to big black wire coming from ammeter.......
    funbuilder59
    funbuilder59

Post by funbuilder59 Sat Oct 11, 2014 9:47 pm

Nice, thanks...some of the print is hard to read on the diagram...thanks guys.
    funbuilder59
    funbuilder59

Does anyone have a wiring diagram for the headlights in an A100?? Empty fuse box rusty...thats why no lights!!

Post by funbuilder59 Sun Oct 12, 2014 9:26 pm

As it turns out, the fuse box was too rusty to carry enuf juice to run the lights...it would show power with the test light, but would not allow juice to flow when asking for lights. Not even cleaning fixed this part of our fuse box, and the one from the van we tore apart would not help, as one of the 4 "lights" terminals broke off from rust as well. Sad We set up an inline heavy duty fuse with double spade connectors ( in case we found a good fuse box, we could just plug back into it) and made sure of our grounds...LIGHTS!!!! cheers

Thanks guys for the help with diagrams and info on switch wires etc.
    Someday we might get to drive this oddball A100 4x4!!!
    donivan65
    donivan65
    Governor
    Governor

Number of posts : 12220
    Registration date : 2008-05-12

Post by donivan65 Sun Oct 12, 2014 11:43 pm

I surely like these universal fuse boxes to make things right,,,,,,one for the 12 volt circuits,,,,one for the ignition switch circuits...

Does anyone have a wiring diagram for the headlights in an A100?? New_bo11

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 5:22 pm