VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

Window falls down

Window falls down Empty Window falls down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:00 am

The window on my drivers side door falls down like a quarter of an inch when I shut the door.

How would I go about tightening things up in there so that it doesnt do that?

I have an extra drives side door with the glass and everything in it and it seems to feel tighter but Im not entirely sure since its not on a van for me to observe when closed. Would it be easier just to use the window regulator and stuff from that door in the good door on the van?
    donivan65
    donivan65
    Governor
    Governor

Number of posts : 12220
    Registration date : 2008-05-12

Window falls down Empty Re: Window falls down

Post by donivan65 Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:20 am

Take the inside panel off and pull up on the glass, you will see what is going on in there. And hold the glass up and turn the handle. It should act like its connected tighly to the glass. Compare this to your spare door and you will see what condition they are in,,,,,,,,

Post by Guest Wed Mar 25, 2009 10:29 am

Your regulator might have some worn out teeth. Add some weld and file the teeth back into shape or replace with a better regulator. Maybe it's just the spring on your regulator that is weak. I've seen this situation many times. You are not alone. Good luck!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 10:59 am