VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

5 posters

Help! I need a Fuel Tank for my 69 chevy van90.

AliWo
    AliWo

Number of posts : 5
    Registration date : 2014-07-30

Help! I need a Fuel Tank for my 69 chevy van90.  Empty Help! I need a Fuel Tank for my 69 chevy van90.

Post by AliWo Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:31 am

Does anyone know where we can get a tank?
    wideload
    wideload
    Moderator 1st Class
    Moderator 1st Class

Number of posts : 1388
    Registration date : 2008-05-11

Help! I need a Fuel Tank for my 69 chevy van90.  Empty Re: Help! I need a Fuel Tank for my 69 chevy van90.

Post by wideload Tue Aug 26, 2014 3:26 pm

No one offers a direct replacement for the fuel tank. If you have the old tank, several have taken them to a good radiator shop to have them cleaned and repaired. Some have adapted other tanks to fit, maybe someone who has done so will chime in with some advice. Keep an eye on the parts for sale section, every now and the one will pop up.

If you'll change your profile and let us know where in Florida you are, we have several members down there. Maybe one of them is close enough to help out. Welcome to V.V.

Xelmon
    Xelmon

Number of posts : 361
    Registration date : 2011-10-11

Help! I need a Fuel Tank for my 69 chevy van90.  Empty Re: Help! I need a Fuel Tank for my 69 chevy van90.

Post by Xelmon Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:14 pm

Wide's got it covered in the quick overview sense of things.

Like Wide said, a gas tank can be more or less repaired even it has rust-through spots. Just make sure that it's a shop that's well known either by the cleaning guys, or old schoolers in the area. EG, one fellow that works at a shop had his tank screwed up at a radiator shop.
    As a reference, it ran me $250 to have my tank completely redone, zero welding.

Modification route is basically taking a 33 gallon tank - our is ~23 - and cutting one of the frame rails and moving it car-forward 3". The upside is that tanks run about $150 or something like that, maybe even $100. Downside is that you're cutting into your frame, so I hope either you or a friend knows how to weld well.
    diamond dave
    diamond dave

Number of posts : 565
    Registration date : 2012-04-24

Post by diamond dave Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:43 pm

mine's brand new. I will look and see if there is a sticker on it or a number or something.
    Xelmon
    Xelmon

Number of posts : 361
    Registration date : 2011-10-11

Post by Xelmon Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:14 pm

Yo Diamond, is it a direct-fit too?
    diamond dave
    diamond dave

Post by diamond dave Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:33 pm

yep. it looks like the stock one in my 69 sportvan. maybe I will check on it tomorrow.
    Twinpilot001
    Twinpilot001

Number of posts : 6186
    Registration date : 2009-09-28

Post by Twinpilot001 Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:46 pm

did u get my pm?? i have a tank.
    diamond dave
    diamond dave

Post by diamond dave Tue Sep 09, 2014 5:29 pm

I don't need a tank. I was checking on my tank for Aliwo. sorry for the confusion.
    diamond dave
    diamond dave

Post by diamond dave Tue Sep 09, 2014 5:35 pm

I couldn't upload a pic right now. but, do a search for '' hitch'' on here, and you will see the post '' best way to mount a hitch''
    I posted pics of my hitch in there and you can see my new fuel tank. it was in there when I bought the van. I cant find any numbers stamped in it, but it is clearly pretty new, and original looking. I can try to find out where the previous owner bought it.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 01, 2024 5:13 pm