VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

4 posters

318 throttle linkage question + why is there a screw in this hose?

Mipmip
    Mipmip

Number of posts : 7
    Registration date : 2014-07-01

318 throttle linkage question + why is there a screw in this hose?  Empty 318 throttle linkage question + why is there a screw in this hose?

Post by Mipmip Fri Aug 22, 2014 5:56 am

Hey Guys,

Just found out there is something missing on the throttle linkage of my 318 (the only unsharp part on the photo :-). Does anyone have picture how it is supposed to look originally?

318 throttle linkage question + why is there a screw in this hose?  Img_4513

And also found this:

318 throttle linkage question + why is there a screw in this hose?  Img_4514

What's the function of this hose?

Thanks!
    Twinpilot001
    Twinpilot001

Number of posts : 6186
    Registration date : 2009-09-28

318 throttle linkage question + why is there a screw in this hose?  Empty Re: 318 throttle linkage question + why is there a screw in this hose?

Post by Twinpilot001 Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:53 am

Water bypass- plug it correctly!! By the way- Change that 90 degree elbow hose on the water in 1st pix -before it "BLOWS"!! its bad! affraid 
    dix
    dix
    Moderator 1st Class
    Moderator 1st Class

Number of posts : 8729
    Registration date : 2008-05-29

318 throttle linkage question + why is there a screw in this hose?  Empty Re: 318 throttle linkage question + why is there a screw in this hose?

Post by dix Sun Aug 24, 2014 3:04 am

that is what it's suppose to look like what i see needs a washer and a carter pin or a spring clip, the other end will go to the carb. now what we see in the photo the linkage hoos to the bell crank on the other end of the bell crank is a nother whole ,that side takes a linkage from the bell crank to the gas pedel
    318 throttle linkage question + why is there a screw in this hose?  V-8_2013
    All-Van

Number of posts : 9
    Registration date : 2011-04-01

Post by All-Van Fri Sep 05, 2014 6:18 pm

the hose between the carb and distributor with with the body bolt in it looks like a direct vacuum port into the intake manifold.Usually see those ports used for vacuum on vehicles with power brakes so I'd guess that intake is not originally from your van.I don't think power brakes were offered on A-vans but correct me if I'm wrong.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:45 pm