VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

+3
scarlin
diamond dave
rehreh07
7 posters

How rare ?

rehreh07
    rehreh07

Number of posts : 73
    Registration date : 2014-05-02

How rare ? Empty How rare ?

Post by rehreh07 Wed Aug 06, 2014 3:50 pm

I was wondering about the passenger swivel seat option that was available in out vans. How rare are they?? I thought it would cool to to have one but I can't find pics of one anywhere except for the Ford shop Manual that I have. Does anybody know anything about these and if they can found?? Thanks
    diamond dave
    diamond dave

Number of posts : 565
    Registration date : 2012-04-24

How rare ? Empty Re: How rare ?

Post by diamond dave Wed Aug 06, 2014 4:31 pm

my 65 nodoor had one. they are completely uncomfortable. the bottom cushion is the same, but the backrest is nothing more than heat pleated vinyl stretched over the pipes. it's cool when it folds up though. i'm sorry, I don't think I have any pics of it. maybe in the gallery photos of my maroon van. from what in understand, they were an option to allow carrying of longer materials. boards, carpet, etc. . .
    diamond dave
    diamond dave

Number of posts : 565
    Registration date : 2012-04-24

Post by diamond dave Wed Aug 06, 2014 4:38 pm

I just checked my gallery, and there's no interior pics.
    scarlin
    scarlin

Number of posts : 258
    Registration date : 2012-01-25

Post by scarlin Wed Aug 06, 2014 5:16 pm

The flip seat was not that rare, they went in work trucks. I have one in my 67 PU. If you find one make sure it comes with the dog house bracket and the 2 wheel well brackets, without these it won't work. They do not use the regular seat brackets. What might be rare is the optional Dog house seat.
    econopoor
    econopoor
    Econoline Guru

Number of posts : 1747
    Registration date : 2010-04-18

Post by econopoor Wed Aug 06, 2014 6:29 pm

I've had a couple of them over the years. Seen many more in trucks still around. Quite a few in pickups for some reason. I would assume they put them in pickups so the area behind the seats was usable. With the stock seats with the solid back it makes the area pretty much unaccessible. As Diamond Dave said they are not comfortable at all. I think the doghouse seats were a Travel Wagon option. I'm not sure if Ford offered them. I've seen many in the Travel Wagon campers. Rare Econoline seats are the folding back front seats. Eric Duffel has the only ones I've ever seen. Those are very rare.

Duane in Tennessee
    Vantasia
    Vantasia

Number of posts : 1412
    Registration date : 2013-08-18

Post by Vantasia Wed Aug 06, 2014 7:34 pm

Almost all the Chevy vans came with a similar fold-up swing away seat, only the passenger version window vans had a full passenger front seat. It had a short small backrest pad, guess they copied each other. Not only was it for long cargo, it allowed a deliveryman like a florist access to the rear for parcels without getting out and walking around the van to open the door....
    EconoUSAparts
    EconoUSAparts

Number of posts : 2198
    Registration date : 2008-05-17

Post by EconoUSAparts Wed Aug 06, 2014 7:53 pm

econopoor wrote:I've had a couple of them over the years. Seen many more in trucks still around. Quite a few in pickups for some reason. I would assume they put them in pickups so the area behind the seats was usable. With the stock seats with the solid back it makes the area pretty much unaccessible. As Diamond Dave said they are not comfortable at all. I think the doghouse seats were a Travel Wagon option. I'm not sure if Ford offered them. I've seen many in the Travel Wagon campers. Rare Econoline seats are the folding back front seats. Eric Duffel has the only ones I've ever seen. Those are very rare.

Duane in Tennessee

I have a few of the passenger flip fold seats available for sale. Duane, Eric bought a folding drivers seat off me several years ago. I have another one and saw one recently in a van in Canada. All 4 of them are beige in color.
    RichardP
    RichardP

Number of posts : 77
    Registration date : 2013-08-10

How rare ? Empty Swing away seat

Post by RichardP Wed Aug 13, 2014 6:14 pm

I would be interest in one if has all the hardware etc.
    PM me with details
    Thanks,
    Richard
    SLO CA
    rehreh07
    rehreh07

Number of posts : 73
    Registration date : 2014-05-02

Post by rehreh07 Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:05 am

Me too!!
    Pm me with price and details