VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

+3
virtual
sasktrini
RipVanArkie
7 posters

A LITTLE PROOF HIGH SCHOOL KIDS LIKE EARLY VANS.

A LITTLE PROOF HIGH SCHOOL KIDS LIKE EARLY VANS. Empty A LITTLE PROOF HIGH SCHOOL KIDS LIKE EARLY VANS.

Post by Guest Wed Mar 11, 2009 6:53 pm

Today I took my 65 Econo for a cruise and drove thru a local high school parking lot. Withing seconds I was surrounded by teenagers wanting to look at the van. I don't mean just a few teenagers either. I would say a hundred or more. They were drawn by the sound of the motor and many seemed awestruck when I told them it was a six cylinder. When I opened the side and back doors though all I could hear was wow, this is bad assed. The interior is only half way done but these kids didn't care. It was fun answering their questions and knowing that there is still hope for vanning to attract this generation in a bigger way than I ever thought. While I was there an 8 door Econo drove by.

A LITTLE PROOF HIGH SCHOOL KIDS LIKE EARLY VANS. Empty Re: A LITTLE PROOF HIGH SCHOOL KIDS LIKE EARLY VANS.

Post by Guest Wed Mar 11, 2009 6:57 pm

Kewl!
    RipVanArkie
    RipVanArkie

Number of posts : 987
    Registration date : 2008-05-13

A LITTLE PROOF HIGH SCHOOL KIDS LIKE EARLY VANS. Empty Re: A LITTLE PROOF HIGH SCHOOL KIDS LIKE EARLY VANS.

Post by RipVanArkie Wed Mar 11, 2009 7:31 pm

VB, a van as nice as yours doesn't need a 'Free Candy' sign to draw attention from the young ones, lol !!!
    I love the attention they draw form everyone! I drove mine to the river last weekend with 8 kayaks on a trailer, turned a bunch of heads!

One day it will be painted...

Later,
    Rip

Post by Guest Wed Mar 11, 2009 7:51 pm

I'm in high school and the kids there have mixed feelings about my van. My friends think its awesome, but other kids don't like it. And the girls........they hate it. But do I care..........NO! Then again, if my van looked half as nice as yours, kids might respect it more. Either way, my van van is cool, your van is cool, all vans are cool. I don't care what anybody says.
    -Ryan
    sasktrini
    sasktrini

Number of posts : 2067
    Registration date : 2008-05-20

Post by sasktrini Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:38 pm

Mr. VANbassador! afro

Post by Guest Thu Mar 12, 2009 4:38 am

That's awesome Mike! Back when I bought my first van, a 70 A-100, I had to go up to Sears and pick up for my mom. Well after I pulled up to the curb a few folks passing by told me "cool van". This is when the van had a big block with headers and glasspacks.

Warms my heart. Smile
    virtual
    virtual

Number of posts : 257
    Registration date : 2008-05-21

Post by virtual Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:49 am

Things are looking up for us if the younger crowd can appreciate vans again. By showing them that vans can actually be cool like Mike's it may help get rid of the stereotypes that have surrounded vans for so long.
    There's a school in Ohio currently building their second van due to the influence of a local vanner, it's an early and will be radical.
    savage
    savage

Number of posts : 2626
    Registration date : 2008-05-15

Post by savage Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:00 am

Cody, a 16 year old vaner on VCVC just got his license. He got his first van at age of 14 or 15(has got 3 more since then(1 for Dad I think??) . Cody & his Dad redid the van (68 Sportvan)In to a Sweet van he drive to school(on nice days). I met him & his parents when he was 14 or15 and he knew more about these van than I did
    benwah
    benwah

Number of posts : 1135
    Registration date : 2008-07-05

Post by benwah Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:31 am

VB, you do have one sweet Econo,. i imagine you would get that kind of attention anywhere. when i drive my As to napa im usually in the parking lot longer than in the store., or any other place come to think of it.
    Nightmoves
    Nightmoves

Number of posts : 2214
    Registration date : 2008-11-17

Post by Nightmoves Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:07 am

VB,that is One Nice Van you got there bud.I can understand how it turns heads.But I believe that anything thats pre '72,turns heads,especially younger folks.There is a span of about 15 years,'73-'85,you won't see any of those on the road.They rarely exist anymore.
    With Ryan ( six-fo') and Cody (vcvc 1nice68) coming around ,thats keeping interest alive and kickin.
    There was a link on here ,i think, where an auto mechanics class did a resto on an econo pick-up.This thing looked pretty cool when done.I'm just glad those guys are on here too,and to keep the interest going.
    G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Number of posts : 30743
    Registration date : 2008-05-06

Post by G-Man Thu Mar 12, 2009 2:25 pm

VB I think for the most part teenagers will like our vans, for you younger guys don't worry who likes them they will come around, because nothing cooler than a early!!!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 9:02 pm