VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

Turn Signal Switch & Brake lights

Turn Signal Switch & Brake lights Empty Turn Signal Switch & Brake lights

Post by Guest Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:27 am

Got a situation here and looking for some advice.

69' a108

Turn signals and brake lights worked no problem.
    Turn signal switch would not return.
    Installed a new switch, which works now, but the indicators inside and out and the brake lights all do not work now. Running lights do work though.

So far I have only checked the fuses, which are all solid still as I can tell.
    Change fuse just to be safe?
    Maybe bulbs blew?
    Mis-wired something?(which would be hard since it was only 2 wires and I am 99% sure I replaced them exactly as they were)
    Any ideas before I start the goose chase?

donivan65
    donivan65
    Governor
    Governor

Number of posts : 12220
    Registration date : 2008-05-12

Turn Signal Switch & Brake lights Empty Re: Turn Signal Switch & Brake lights

Post by donivan65 Mon Jun 09, 2014 12:22 pm

Did you pull out all the wires and have to put them back in the connector,,,,like I mean could you have put the wires back in the wrong slots,,,,,or that switch is not the right one and the wires are not in the right slot,,,,I think the LF turn signal and dash arrow  might be a yellow wire,,,,,so take a test light and see if it gets power in the connector when you turn on the left turn signals,,,,,,,or,,,,,if,,,,,,some other wire is wrongly getting the flasher signal,,,,,,you should have power from  the   hazard flasher all the time,,,,,power from the turn signal flasher with the key on and power from the brake light switch when you hit the brakes,,,,,I'm just saying, if you test for power in that wire connector,,,thats what you need,,,,,those are power to the switch,,,the others are power from the switch to the horn and bulbs,,,,,,maybe red and dark green  are the signals going back to the brake lights,,,,,,so run some tests and maybe we can see where the problem is,,,,,,,do the wire colors on the new switch match the colors of the wires on the van?

Post by Guest Mon Jun 23, 2014 5:10 pm

turns out the little paper clips looking wires were not making contact to make the connections. bent them down a bit and everything works now!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 4:00 pm