VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

+7
xjamesx
vanny
Bruce67Econoline
RF Man
Space Truckin
Ddavllc
FCC
11 posters

OK. Who got the van in New Orleans..?

FCC
    FCC

Number of posts : 295
    Registration date : 2014-04-29

OK.  Who got the van in New Orleans..?  Empty OK. Who got the van in New Orleans..?

Post by FCC Wed Apr 30, 2014 4:20 pm

I had a friend go see it today, who would store it until it shipped.  The seller has no scruples. won't answer calls or text.

Last edited by FCC on Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Ddavllc
    Ddavllc

Number of posts : 127
    Registration date : 2013-11-07

OK.  Who got the van in New Orleans..?  Empty Re: OK. Who got the van in New Orleans..?

Post by Ddavllc Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:25 pm

I live in Slidell la. If you need help.

Don
    Space Truckin
    Space Truckin

Number of posts : 1279
    Registration date : 2009-10-17

OK.  Who got the van in New Orleans..?  Empty Re: OK. Who got the van in New Orleans..?

Post by Space Truckin Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:51 pm

Question Question Question Question Question 
    FCC
    FCC

Post by FCC Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:09 pm

He took a call while my guy was there looking at it. Dood offered a sight unseen purchase. I was an hour from a decision and two days into it. He was selling his dad's pride and joy and just took the cash with absolutely no car-guy etiquette.. so disappointing.
    Ddavllc
    Ddavllc

Post by Ddavllc Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:41 pm

Did you buy it? I'm in New Orleans everyday. If it helps...
    They don't call it the big easy for nothing. I am referring to the bad car sales etiquette..
    FCC
    FCC

Post by FCC Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:45 pm

It appears there may be hope yet..he finally responded via text.
    He's not able to sell do to estate paperwork not being in order.
    Yet he didn't respond when I asked if I had dibs when it settles.
    Time will tell.

D, thanks for the offer. I may need a diff to swap in.. So it can be driven faster than 45 mph on the highway.  Razz
    RF Man
    RF Man

Number of posts : 120
    Registration date : 2014-03-14

Post by RF Man Thu May 01, 2014 4:50 am

That means the vehicle is in the estate and the title is probably in his dad's name. Most likely the title issues will get worked out after the estate is resolved.(although I'm not an attorney). You certainly want to be very cautious about buying a vehicle without a clear title. Once the seller has your money, he's done. You could be stuck trying to pick up the pieces---sometimes a very difficult process. Car selling etiquette can sometimes be difficult. I always tell people it's the first guy here with the money---when you promise to hold cars for people, you will get stung. Sometimes you can loose all of the buyers. Hope everthing works out for you.
    Mike
    FCC
    FCC

Post by FCC Thu May 01, 2014 6:27 am

Yeah.  He has stopped any talks for now. I certainly know the in's and out's of buying long distance, and from an estate.   I am trying to get a commitment via deposit, or even a nod, that I have first shot at it when he has everything free and clear.  But he keeps skirting the question.  We just wanted to snag a fun van for the summer months, now that our family van (2002 VW Eurovan) suffered catastrophic engine failure.  ....which, I am actually going to part out, and I am looking at the rear AC condenser and ceiling ducting, as well as the rear heating system, as something that I can potentially (tastefully) integrate into the '67.  It needs ceiling love anyway..  

OK.  Who got the van in New Orleans..?  IMG_0038
    Bruce67Econoline
    Bruce67Econoline

Number of posts : 809
    Registration date : 2014-01-25

Post by Bruce67Econoline Thu May 01, 2014 12:10 pm

Nice looking van, I hope you get it.
    vanny
    vanny

Number of posts : 14775
    Registration date : 2012-09-22

Post by vanny Thu May 01, 2014 12:58 pm

Yah, love the fiberglass dash skirts! I had one in my first 66 and it looked great. Good luck to you. Hope you get it.

http://public.fotki.com/Vintage-Vans/vintage-vans-es/ruff-diamond-1/?cmd=fs_slideshow
    FCC
    FCC

Post by FCC Fri May 02, 2014 9:16 am

If I get this van, I have the technology to duplicate the skirts, if you think there is demand..
    Ddavllc
    Ddavllc

Post by Ddavllc Fri May 02, 2014 9:26 am

There is a high demand for that skirt!
    vanny
    vanny

Post by vanny Fri May 02, 2014 7:39 pm

At a reasonable price, I know there would be a demand for them. I'd be first in line for a wristband so I could purchase one!  Twisted Evil 

http://public.fotki.com/Vintage-Vans/vintage-vans-es/ruff-diamond-1/?cmd=fs_slideshow
    xjamesx
    xjamesx

Number of posts : 378
    Registration date : 2008-05-14

Post by xjamesx Fri May 02, 2014 8:53 pm

I would be interested in the dash skirt if they are reproduced. I'll keep my fingers crossed.
    Oscarm
    Oscarm

Number of posts : 91
    Registration date : 2014-05-06

OK.  Who got the van in New Orleans..?  Empty Dash skirt

Post by Oscarm Tue May 06, 2014 2:22 pm

Yep, put me on the list too ! That dash extension seems to finish things off nicely.
    Twinpilot001
    Twinpilot001

Number of posts : 6186
    Registration date : 2009-09-28

Post by Twinpilot001 Tue May 06, 2014 2:59 pm

Matchstick - was == reproducing some in last 2 years. Dashskirts for econos.
    FCC
    FCC

Post by FCC Thu May 08, 2014 2:11 pm

Well. I got impatient.

OK.  Who got the van in New Orleans..?  7C265D73-ED76-41F2-AD70-2316F8341572

OK.  Who got the van in New Orleans..?  F2CB9E0C-0EF3-41ED-B7C4-2EF5E013B5E9

But...

OK.  Who got the van in New Orleans..?  25DEF91C-F01C-4570-B254-84FA7CD51B1B

Last edited by FCC on Fri May 09, 2014 11:46 am; edited 1 time in total
    vanny
    vanny

Post by vanny Thu May 08, 2014 2:47 pm

You got the van??? Congrats if you did!!! That is one nice straight and clean looking camper van!!! All the nice trim, interior and best of all, the dash skirt!!!

FCC
    FCC

Post by FCC Fri May 09, 2014 11:44 am

Yeah. Its not the one I was shooting for originally. But I ain't mad..
    vanny
    vanny

Post by vanny Fri May 09, 2014 2:46 pm

What's the 8-track you've got in the tape deck? Captain & Tennille... Muskrat Love???

FCC
    FCC

Post by FCC Fri May 09, 2014 3:56 pm

either merl or rush. Not sure !!
    vanny
    vanny

Post by vanny Fri May 09, 2014 5:20 pm

Mama Tried or Today's Tom Sawyer...Opposite ends of the spectrum! That's good though, depending on the day and the mood, I have a wide variety of musical tastes as well! Your new avatar looks Great!

uante
    uante

Number of posts : 1466
    Registration date : 2014-01-26

Post by uante Fri May 09, 2014 6:00 pm

Nice looking Camper! And I agree, the dash skirt is particularly cool...and the 8 track of course! lol
    FCC
    FCC

Post by FCC Fri May 09, 2014 8:04 pm

I put together a picture/story thread in the gallery.
    Ddavllc
    Ddavllc

Post by Ddavllc Sat May 10, 2014 4:55 am

Are you going to make Any repop's of that dash shirt??

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 2:18 am