VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

3 posters

Installing a driver door glass E van

dulcimerbob
    dulcimerbob

Number of posts : 115
    Registration date : 2014-01-31

Installing a driver door glass E van Empty Installing a driver door glass E van

Post by dulcimerbob Sun Apr 20, 2014 4:10 pm

Need some info on installing a new drivers side door glass in my 65 falcon van. I have a factory manual but it is no help. Pics would be nice. Thanks

Bob
    Carl

Number of posts : 143
    Registration date : 2011-01-25

Installing a driver door glass E van Empty Installing door glass in E van

Post by Carl Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:39 pm

dulcimerbob
    dulcimerbob

Installing a driver door glass E van Empty Re: Installing a driver door glass E van

Post by dulcimerbob Mon Apr 21, 2014 3:54 pm

It's beyond me . Got a glass guy coming tomorrow $$ May be beyond him. I hate to get a hired gun but I still have a lot to do myself. Rolling Eyes 
    dulcimerbob
    dulcimerbob

Installing a driver door glass E van Empty Re: Installing a driver door glass E van

Post by dulcimerbob Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:26 pm

The glass guy installed my window and the clips were long gone on the
    weatherstrip. He said get tht smallest bugle head screw and drill a hole thr the strip. 4on top and down the side install screws and you're set. I could install the window from watching him. Manual worthless. 30 year experience priceless
    Magic Bus
    Magic Bus

Number of posts : 1422
    Registration date : 2009-12-02

Post by Magic Bus Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:46 pm

Can you clarify that? Are you talking about the channel run along the top inside the window frame or the weatherstrip around the perimeter of the door? Any pics would be helpful.
    dulcimerbob
    dulcimerbob

Post by dulcimerbob Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:01 pm

Don't have any pics . The long fuzzy strip goes in the metal channel and is held in place with clips so when you roll the window down it stays in place . I used the original strip which the glass guy installed after the window was in place. After the strip was installed , since there were no clips , it would not stay in place . I bought some #8 x 3/8 bugle head sheet metal screws drilled a small pilot hole in the strip and put in a screw in 4 places in the top of the door and 4 in the left side of the strip. This is done with window down . Works fine as the shape of the screw flushes with the strip and no glass is touched. Hope this helps.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:33 am