VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

+14
Nightmoves
vanny
AzDon
econopoor
Donn
Wheelie
BvrWally
Twinpilot001
dix
Joe Van
billo
Magic Bus
scarlin
Admin
18 posters

WSJ reporter looking to get educated (email received)

Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 1731
    Registration date : 2008-05-01

WSJ reporter looking to get educated (email received) Empty WSJ reporter looking to get educated (email received)

Post by Admin Thu Apr 10, 2014 3:46 pm

All things Vannin'

Hi there, I’m a reporter with the Wall Street Journal. I’m digging in to learn more about custom vans and the folks who are keeping the dream alive, even in the age of the SUV and minivan. I’d love to talk to the right person at Vintage Vans to learn more as soon as practical.

All my contact info is below. Thanks so much,

Jon Kamp

Reporter, Wall Street Journal

53 State Street, Suite 1201

Boston, MA 02109

617-654-6728

cell: 773-294-7673

jon.kamp@wsj.com

scarlin
    scarlin

Number of posts : 258
    Registration date : 2012-01-25

WSJ reporter looking to get educated (email received) Empty Re: WSJ reporter looking to get educated (email received)

Post by scarlin Thu Apr 10, 2014 6:22 pm

Do we draw straws who is the right person? Had mine since 74?
    Magic Bus
    Magic Bus

Number of posts : 1422
    Registration date : 2009-12-02

WSJ reporter looking to get educated (email received) Empty Re: WSJ reporter looking to get educated (email received)

Post by Magic Bus Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:38 pm

Im sure there are a lot of qualified people to input on this..What about Matchstick of custom vanner magazine?
    billo
    billo

Number of posts : 274
    Registration date : 2008-11-03

Post by billo Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:43 pm

This reporter has also contacted the NATS Board
    Joe Van
    Joe Van
    Moderator 1st Class
    Moderator 1st Class

Number of posts : 4619
    Registration date : 2012-10-11

Post by Joe Van Fri Apr 11, 2014 3:31 am

This will be a tough call we have Quite a few Vanners that are able to give the info he needs maby we can get a Few Vanners to talk to him...... This is another BIG opportunity for us. cheers ..
    dix
    dix
    Moderator 1st Class
    Moderator 1st Class

Number of posts : 8731
    Registration date : 2008-05-29

Post by dix Fri Apr 11, 2014 4:34 am

If you are throwing names in a hat BvrWally and I have been vannin since 1974, but with my recent situation I'd keep my name out,

Number of posts : 6186
    Registration date : 2009-09-28

Post by Twinpilot001 Fri Apr 11, 2014 4:39 am

Whats he =PAYING????????????? cheers  That should narrow down the list!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol! 
    Joe Van
    Joe Van
    Moderator 1st Class
    Moderator 1st Class

Post by Joe Van Fri Apr 11, 2014 5:08 am

I have 33 years of Vanning under my Belt and still own my First Van..(Stow-A-Way) but I Would Over Talk Him and I am Not the Best for Words... But for the Exposer We Will Get we should be Paying Him..!!!.. lol!   (No offence Twin.)... Very Happy                                      WSJ reporter looking to get educated (email received) 56387012                                                                                                                             I am going to put chebbys 1st post on the FVC /SEVC Website after work and see what the Guys Here Down South have to say we have a Few Members on the Nats Board Here in Florida..Any Objections... Smile ..
    BvrWally
    BvrWally

Number of posts : 946
    Registration date : 2008-05-19

Post by BvrWally Fri Apr 11, 2014 7:16 am

dix wrote: If you are throwing names in a hat  BvrWally and I have been vannin since 1974, but with my recent  situation I'd keep my name out,  
    Thanks Dix! I just got off of the phone with the guy and we are going to do an interview Monday! Smile
    Wheelie
    Wheelie

Number of posts : 322
    Registration date : 2013-02-22

Post by Wheelie Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:24 am

Thats awesome guys!
    Donn
    Donn

Number of posts : 692
    Registration date : 2009-04-05

Post by Donn Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:25 am

I'm going to throw in Duane from Tennessee's name for us E guys.
    Sorry Duane
    econopoor
    econopoor
    Econoline Guru

Number of posts : 1747
    Registration date : 2010-04-18

Post by econopoor Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:53 am

Nope. Not me. Although I own a van I'm more of a pick up guy than a Vanner. Vic "Old Skool" is a vanner. He's been around Vanning since the beginning.

Duane in Tennessee
    dix
    dix
    Moderator 1st Class
    Moderator 1st Class

Post by dix Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:51 pm

Bvrwally will do vannin it's justice !!!!!!

Number of posts : 742
    Registration date : 2014-01-20

Post by AzDon Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:32 pm

Tom Chronister from "Wheels of Confusion" in Huntington Beach, Ca Has been vannin since the seventies and has a collection of show-worthy vans. I've been told that his vans have been used in movies and commercials..... Maybe he's a member here (?)

vanny
    vanny

Number of posts : 14775
    Registration date : 2012-09-22

Post by vanny Sat Apr 12, 2014 3:37 am

BvrWally wrote:
    dix wrote: If you are throwing names in a hat  BvrWally and I have been vannin since 1974, but with my recent  situation I'd keep my name out,  
    Thanks Dix! I just got off of the phone with the guy and we are going to do an interview Monday! Smile

Have fun with it Wally! Let us know how it went once it's done! Invite him to the EconoBar to celebrate if he does a Good Job with the Article!

http://public.fotki.com/Vintage-Vans/vintage-vans-es/ruff-diamond-1/?cmd=fs_slideshow
    BvrWally
    BvrWally

Post by BvrWally Sat Apr 12, 2014 6:29 am

vanny wrote:
    BvrWally wrote:

Have fun with it Wally! Let us know how it went once it's done! Invite him to the EconoBar to celebrate if he does a Good Job with the Article!

Will do! Smile
    Nightmoves
    Nightmoves

Number of posts : 2214
    Registration date : 2008-11-17

Post by Nightmoves Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:50 am

BvrWally will represent well.Good guy.
    The reporter could always read the board and see how the comradedrary (i can't spell) is here.
    BvrWally
    BvrWally

Post by BvrWally Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:03 pm

That reporter called me this afternoon and we talked for well over a 1/2 hr.! I think it went very well and he will contact me when it is going to press? He has to finish his story, then off for the "Editor" and such. It should be cool?? LOL
    EconoUSAparts
    EconoUSAparts

Number of posts : 2198
    Registration date : 2008-05-17

Post by EconoUSAparts Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:12 pm

Wally can I get your autograph,lol? I feel confident you represented us well with your vast vanning history.
    vanny
    vanny

Post by vanny Mon Apr 14, 2014 6:18 pm

Thanks for your efforts Wally! Here's a Big "AT-A-BOY!!!" cheers 

http://public.fotki.com/Vintage-Vans/vintage-vans-es/ruff-diamond-1/?cmd=fs_slideshow
    BvrWally
    BvrWally

Post by BvrWally Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:29 am

Rolling Eyes Thanks guys! That Journal has well over 2.4 million in distribution, so this is going to be cool to see how it turns out? Smile
    Joe Van
    Joe Van
    Moderator 1st Class
    Moderator 1st Class

Post by Joe Van Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:08 am

THANKS BvrWally For Representing VV and Vanning Also.!!!.. cheers  cheers .....
    dix
    dix
    Moderator 1st Class
    Moderator 1st Class

Post by dix Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:31 am

Cool i'm glad everything went well, as we all expected,

Post by BvrWally Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:55 am

That reporter sent me an e-mail this AM asking permission to use the photos I sent him? I gave him the go-ahead and he replied he'd let me know when it went to "Press"!  Very Happy
    vanny
    vanny

Post by vanny Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:39 pm

Congrats Wally! That's great news for all Vanners!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 11:43 pm