VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

2 posters

What Carb is this? And whats up with it?

ThomastheTankVan
    ThomastheTankVan

Number of posts : 25
    Registration date : 2014-03-13

What Carb is this? And whats up with it? Empty What Carb is this? And whats up with it?

Post by ThomastheTankVan Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:16 pm

I want to clean my carb because I feel like i have no power but there is so much I don't know about carbs in general. And especially this one, there is some funky stuff going on with it. It has a electric fuel pump running straight to the carb. Mismatching screws and some weird wire JB Welded to it.

I also don't know what kind of carb it is. All I know is that its a Carter carb. And has 2116 on it. No tags.

The way everything else is on this van I highly doubt this carb is factory much less meant for this engine. The alternator is from a GM, the voltage regulator was handmade, the wheels are from a trailer, the valve cover gasket was leaky RTV, universal washer bottle installed under the dash with nearly no way to fill it without using a siphon pump, water injection system(tinker much?!), and god knows what else.

So I'm not very optimistic. Any info or help is appreciated. I don't even want to take it apart before knowing anything about.

photo carb3.jpg

photo carb4.jpg

photo carb1.jpg

photo carb2.jpg
    BoneMan
    BoneMan

Number of posts : 169
    Registration date : 2011-06-23

What Carb is this? And whats up with it? Empty Re: What Carb is this? And whats up with it?

Post by BoneMan Mon Mar 31, 2014 11:20 pm

Based on the 2116 number, it could be this one.

1954 6 230 P25 Carter BBS 2116
    http://www.thecarburetorshop.com/Kplymouth.htm
    http://www.carbkitsource.com/carbs/kits/CK540.htm

Hopefully others with Slant 6's can give beter advice.

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:58 am