VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

2 posters

Swamp Cooler

ScottyJones
    ScottyJones

Number of posts : 361
    Registration date : 2011-08-17

Swamp Cooler Empty Swamp Cooler

Post by ScottyJones Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:54 am

Hey guys, just wanted to share this with you all. I just picked up one of these portable swamp coolers (used on craigslist actually) and it looks like a really nice product.

I will get some pictures up of it in the van, but it's really compact and fits flat on the floor in front of the doghouse on the 1st gen Chevy. The one I got is the model MWII and came with the flex hose kit. You can route the hose under the dash and attach it to the bottom lip of the dash and gives you an adjustable air vent.

I have yet to test it on some long hot trips, but from the testing I have done, it feels pretty damn good, and anything helps in our vans! Granted it won't work well in humid areas, but here it seems to work great! They also offer some models you can put ice water in to help with cooling.

I'll warn you, this website is pretty awful and confusing:
    http://www.swampy.net/12vcombo.html

Will keep you posted on this. Seems like it'll be a nice, cheaper alternative to an AC system. It draws only a little bit of power and you could even run it inside the van with the motor off while camping, etc.
    ScottyJones
    ScottyJones

Number of posts : 361
    Registration date : 2011-08-17

Swamp Cooler Empty Re: Swamp Cooler

Post by ScottyJones Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:12 pm

Here's how it looks in the van:
    Swamp Cooler Photo-10
    Lazarusvan
    Lazarusvan

Number of posts : 1293
    Registration date : 2011-02-22

Post by Lazarusvan Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:06 pm

Cool item. I inquired about one of these myself, but DTVMan suggested it would rust my van out down here in humidity hell summers of Charleston.

It would seem to be a good idea to air it out after use. Enjoy!

P.S. Cali heat isn't anything compared to humidity down here. You have it easy!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:37 pm