VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

+18
Digz
jimthefred
m1dadio
66mnecotruck
Wheelie
mikeysly
Bruce67Econoline
Donn
Joe Van
kookykrispy
G-Man
vanner68
EconoUSAparts
dodge man
dutchman101
dix
back2thewoods
wideload
22 posters

CRITICIZING VANS FOR SALE

dodge man
    dodge man

Number of posts : 2036
    Registration date : 2012-08-08

CRITICIZING VANS FOR SALE  - Page 2 Empty Re: CRITICIZING VANS FOR SALE

Post by dodge man Sat Feb 22, 2014 1:52 pm

MAN LETS ALL JUST GET ALONG, LOVE AND PEACE MY BROTHERS, MAYBE SCOOBY WILL ROLL A DOOBIE FOR US,
    dix
    dix
    Moderator 1st Class
    Moderator 1st Class

Number of posts : 8732
    Registration date : 2008-05-29

Post by dix Sat Feb 22, 2014 1:57 pm

vanner68 wrote:Dix- that particular Scooby van is the one that changed my outlook. It was done as a family effort, because they really like the whole Scooby Doo history and feeling. That I can respect. I would be shocked to that van up for sale any time soon.

found it... click to enlarge..

CRITICIZING VANS FOR SALE  - Page 2 Show710
    wideload
    wideload
    Moderator 1st Class
    Moderator 1st Class

Number of posts : 1388
    Registration date : 2008-05-11

Post by wideload Sat Feb 22, 2014 2:07 pm

dodge man wrote:MAN LETS ALL JUST GET ALONG, LOVE AND PEACE MY BROTHERS, MAYBE SCOOBY WILL ROLL A DOOBIE FOR US,

I like it Dodge Man!!!!!!

Bruce, not accusing any one person, just saying if it was anyone's van up for sale look at the comments that they could receive regardless of its condition.

OK, I think this topic got some attention, good and bad. Just saying think about what you say because it could be you on the receiving end at some point.

Donn
    Donn

Number of posts : 692
    Registration date : 2009-04-05

Post by Donn Sat Feb 22, 2014 6:02 pm

Mike, yes good post..

I'm thinking maybe I should do the first "Scooby pickup " what do you guys think?

Just kidding. Just kidding
    Joe Van
    Joe Van
    Moderator 1st Class
    Moderator 1st Class

Number of posts : 4619
    Registration date : 2012-10-11

Post by Joe Van Sat Feb 22, 2014 6:56 pm

[quote="kookykrispy"][quote="JOE VAN

These quotes are taken out of context, without reference to who said them and where or when they said them, or to what van they were referring to.  This poorly punctuated strung together babble means nothing.................................................................... OK now you Pissed Me Off I posted this BABBLE NOT to point the Finger at Anyone and Name Names.. I am guilty myself also I was just trying to resolve a issue before it gets out of hand but if you want to Close your Eyes and Ignore it you are just as ignorant as the ones who criticise other peoples possession's did you even read any of the other posts.!!!. Now I am going to go Smoke a Doobie and Drink a couple of Beer's and try to calm down from that Shit Ass Commit it Rubbed ME Wrong. Evil or Very Mad ..........................
    mikeysly
    mikeysly

Number of posts : 284
    Registration date : 2012-05-29

Post by mikeysly Sun Feb 23, 2014 1:10 am

y'all OFF TOPIC! the Mystery Machine IS a sec. gen. GM! it theoretically could be AWESOME but rarely is.....
    dix
    dix
    Moderator 1st Class
    Moderator 1st Class

Post by dix Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:11 am

Donn wrote:Mike, yes good post..

I'm thinking maybe I should do the first "Scooby pickup " what do you guys think?

Just kidding.  Just kidding

That would be a Scooby Up
    EconoUSAparts
    EconoUSAparts

Number of posts : 2198
    Registration date : 2008-05-17

Post by EconoUSAparts Sun Feb 23, 2014 6:09 am

Ok, three things;
    Donn, it's already been done. I saw pics of the Mystery Pickup somewhere but don't remember where.
    Joe Van, I'm hoping that fatty put you in chill mode. If that didn't work, bury your face in a nice set of hooters :-) It's not worth getting all upset over. I think the issue has been raised and most will try to be more aware of what they say. Never will everyone see eye to eye on this but I think it will improve overall.
    Lastly mikeysly, I don't believe the Mystery Machine is anything other than a cartoon rendering, not any specific make. If it resembles anything it 's more like a 1st gen GM due to headlight location but the ass end and doors are bent like no van I've seen. I've seen a lot of videos and pictures and it changes shape and layout several times so who really knows. Just fyi.........
    Wheelie
    Wheelie

Number of posts : 322
    Registration date : 2013-02-22

Post by Wheelie Sun Feb 23, 2014 6:40 am

If I am a buyer I will criticize with an educated response on poor repairs, damage etc. but I don't buy cars online. I only deal in person. If someone is trolling a for sale section on here I would have them banned if the problem persisted because a true vanner doesn't bash other people rides. We all get along here and If someone is stirring the pot that ruins the vibe we have and that is not vanner mentality man!

btw The Mystery Machine was a kind of animated amalgamation that combined the style characteristics of three of the best-selling vans in the mid-1960s.
    Joe Van
    Joe Van
    Moderator 1st Class
    Moderator 1st Class

Number of posts : 4619
    Registration date : 2012-10-11

Post by Joe Van Sun Feb 23, 2014 6:58 am

Thanks for the Concern and Advice.!!!. Econo, Dix, &  wideload, The 2 beers and the fatty did the trick my wife would not go for the HOOTERS in my Face though..LOL..I was not Babbling just trying to state the facts with out Pointing fingers..I am guilty of Bashing myself also but I could not find any of my older posts to show everyone.. I will not post anything unless I am in a GOOD MOOD from now on. Smile ...And I think the Mystery Machine was a combo of Ford/Chevy/Dodge also..Its all Good Now.. cheers .....
    66mnecotruck
    66mnecotruck

Number of posts : 327
    Registration date : 2014-02-15

Post by 66mnecotruck Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:23 am

HA Ha!!!
    m1dadio
    m1dadio
    Chevy Guru

Number of posts : 1778
    Registration date : 2008-10-06

Post by m1dadio Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:41 am

People think Canadians are too polite and just accept criticism. As a Canadian its a long time tradition that if somebody criticizes or offends you, you fix them when they are not expecting it. It might be minutes or it might be weeks, but you don't let them get away with it.

Years ago when I owned a body shop I had done up a rust bucket car for paint and my newly hired painter was criticizing and bitching about how S#!TEE the work was and how it was going to looked like garbage with paint on it, all the while mixing the paint and right up to and while he was dawning his personal independent breathing full head gear equipment and going into the booth to paint it. Thats the kind of breathing equipment with its own diaphragm compressor outside the booth and separate from the shop compressor and that pumps filtered air into the back of his head gear around his head and which comes out a vented full face shield in such a way that no paint fumes or over spray can go near his face shield.
    2 minutes after he began to paint, I went to his then running breathing compressor outside the booth and unscrewed the inlet filter exposing the inlet pipe. I sparked up a big ass Bob Marley dubby I had used 4 papers to roll, held it up to the inlet pipe and TTFFFHFHHHFHFHFHFHFFHTTT!!!! in about 15 seconds that compressor inlet did a major shot gun toke which burnt my fingers it toked so hard and fast. About 2 seconds after that all I could hear was some mumbled yelling coming from the paint booth.

Well; 15 minutes later when that painter emerged from the both, he couldn't stop talking about how fantastic that paint and body job turned out. According to him that was the best car he ever painted and the best paint job he ever laid down.

true story

M1D
    dix
    dix
    Moderator 1st Class
    Moderator 1st Class

Post by dix Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:58 am

LOL. Thanks I needed that.

Number of posts : 322
    Registration date : 2013-02-22

Post by Wheelie Sun Feb 23, 2014 12:47 pm

Best story ever!
    66mnecotruck
    66mnecotruck

Post by 66mnecotruck Sun Feb 23, 2014 1:12 pm

Maybe that is what my employer has been doing to me all these years...Ha!Smile
    Donn
    Donn

Number of posts : 692
    Registration date : 2009-04-05

Post by Donn Sun Feb 23, 2014 1:48 pm

I think this post needs to be explained a little. Seems some of the people answering this maybe getting a little to up set .
    Mike's original post was about a NON-MEMBERS van that was listed on Craigslist in NY.
    My understanding of Mike's point was as a hole we should maybe not make negative comments that could be upsetting to someone about their build. More like setting a standard not correcting a problem, here on our site.
    We DO NOT have this problem now! 99.9% of the information passed around here from our members is very positive.
    If you need help. Post it here and you will see how many guys will jump into help you.
    Mike, please correct me if I am wrong
    wideload
    wideload
    Moderator 1st Class
    Moderator 1st Class

Number of posts : 1388
    Registration date : 2008-05-11

Post by wideload Sun Feb 23, 2014 2:07 pm

Your basically right Donn. I wasn't referring to any van specifically, just the constant criticism of most of the vans posted for sale. If a prospective buyer ask for opinions about a van for sale then have at it, but to start criticizing one when no one ask for an opinion only hurts the seller. One of these days anyone of us could be the seller!!! I've been there!

66mnecotruck
    66mnecotruck

Post by 66mnecotruck Sun Feb 23, 2014 2:18 pm

Geez, I hope I never have to sell to you guys:)...
    66mnecotruck
    66mnecotruck

Post by 66mnecotruck Sun Feb 23, 2014 2:31 pm

Trucks are rare, you guys are rare. I hope to find someone a blissfully ignorant as myself:)
    jimthefred
    jimthefred

Number of posts : 326
    Registration date : 2012-01-15

Post by jimthefred Sun Feb 23, 2014 2:58 pm

JOE VAN wrote:Thanks for the Concern and Advice.!!!. Econo, Dix, &  wideload, The 2 beers and the fatty did the trick my wife would not go for the HOOTERS in my Face though..LOL..I was not Babbling just trying to state the facts with out Pointing fingers..I am guilty of Bashing myself also but I could not find any of my older posts to show everyone.. I will not post anything unless I am in a GOOD MOOD from now on. Smile ...And I think the Mystery Machine was a combo of Ford/Chevy/Dodge also..Its all Good Now.. cheers .....

FYI, I happen to know where the REAL "Mystery Machine" is! I found it riding the back roads in Vermont a few years back. Its sitting in some dirty hippys yard in mud up to its axles protected by a big brown talking dog. I thought it may have been a first gen Chevy but since it was "blessed" with customizing Im still not sure what it was. The owner mumbled something about a sandwich and went off with some dumpy chick in a turtleneck and glasses. I went back some time later to make an offer and it was gone! Thanks to those "Meddling Kids " It was sold to some guy with a ton of kids named "Chan". I think he was in the same line of work as him or something.Oh well.......
    mikeysly
    mikeysly

Number of posts : 284
    Registration date : 2012-05-29

Post by mikeysly Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:11 pm

EconoUSAparts wrote:Ok, three things;
     Donn, it's already been done. I saw pics of the Mystery Pickup somewhere but don't remember where.
     Joe Van, I'm hoping that fatty put you in chill mode. If that didn't work, bury your face in a nice set of hooters :-)  It's not worth getting all upset over. I think the issue has been raised and most will try to be more aware of what they say. Never will everyone see eye to eye on this but I think it will improve overall.
     Lastly mikeysly, I don't believe the Mystery Machine is anything other than a cartoon rendering, not any specific make. If it resembles anything it 's more like a 1st gen GM due to headlight location but the ass end and doors are bent like no van I've seen. I've seen a lot of videos and pictures and it changes shape and layout several times so who really knows. Just fyi.........
    That's funny 'cause the headlights are why i think the Mystery Machine is a sec. gen. GM! now that i think about it though it seems like the rear of the Mystery Machine looks like Ford or Dodge
    Digz
    Digz

Number of posts : 3794
    Registration date : 2008-05-17

Post by Digz Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:17 pm

Depending on the drawing to me it always looked more like a cross between a Thames and a V W. The only thing about it the unknowing public remembers is the flat front ends. That's why we get called the wrong names all the time.
    dan nachel
    dan nachel

Number of posts : 394
    Registration date : 2012-01-24

Post by dan nachel Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:02 pm

Personally, I HATE the whole mystery machine thing, but I usually keep that to myself. Like the old saying goes "everyone has an opinion, and an a**hole, and most of the opinions stink just like the a**hole." I think constructive criticism is a good thing. Pointing out bad repairs or problem areas is helpfull to the prospective buyer. Beyond that, keep it to yourself.
    vanner68
    vanner68

Number of posts : 655
    Registration date : 2008-09-22

Post by vanner68 Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:48 pm

But but but..... We are the Arbiters of Good Taste!
    jrinaman
    jrinaman

Number of posts : 890
    Registration date : 2011-03-10

Post by jrinaman Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:03 pm

don't really understand why so many get offended by the Scooby do thing. park your van at the local walmart and tell me which vehicle in the parking lot looks similar to a Scooby do van. the general public isn't familiar with our vans. they are around 50 years old! they are familiar with Scooby do and some are with the v.w. bus. no different than every '50's wagon is a nomad, all '70's firebirds, Camaros and trans ams are the bandit, '80's is kit (far worse than Scooby do) and any big Chrysler is dukes of hazard. when I was a kid, we called any semi a mack, just glad the peterbuilt guys never got hold of me.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 4:12 pm