VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

+2
G-Man
FodMan
6 posters

Hello for Windsor, Ontario, Canada

FodMan
    FodMan

Number of posts : 3
    Registration date : 2014-02-19

Hello for Windsor, Ontario, Canada Empty Hello for Windsor, Ontario, Canada

Post by FodMan Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:58 am

Gary here, I am from Windsor, Ontario, Canada. I can say that there is very little support up here in Canada for the 1st and second Generation Ford Econolines. I own a 1974 Econoline (The KISS Van Of Windsor) and now am thinking about picking up a 1963 Econoline. BUT, it has a 144 ci, manual motor and trans in it. I want to put a v6 or v8 in it. But, not sure when exactly is involved in doing so. Would also put dics breaks on the front, would have to change shocks Because of weight. Not sure of every thing. BUT, the body on the van it self is not too bad. Every thing is there with extras.

thanks and hope to be talking soon.

I am on Facebook with a group for 2nd Generation Econolines.
    G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Number of posts : 30743
    Registration date : 2008-05-06

Hello for Windsor, Ontario, Canada Empty Re: Hello for Windsor, Ontario, Canada

Post by G-Man Wed Feb 19, 2014 1:28 pm

Welcome to VV!!!
    Bruce67Econoline
    Bruce67Econoline

Number of posts : 809
    Registration date : 2014-01-25

Post by Bruce67Econoline Wed Feb 19, 2014 1:35 pm

Welcome to VV! Cool  Can't wait to see some pics
    vanny
    vanny

Number of posts : 14775
    Registration date : 2012-09-22

Post by vanny Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:42 pm

Welcome to Vintage Vans! Lots of great information on this site and plenty of helpful people to answer questions for you. Glad to have you here and can't wait to see some pics!

http://public.fotki.com/Vintage-Vans/vintage-vans-es/ruff-diamond-1/?cmd=fs_slideshow
    EconoUSAparts
    EconoUSAparts

Number of posts : 2198
    Registration date : 2008-05-17

Post by EconoUSAparts Wed Feb 19, 2014 5:44 pm

Ken Hopcraft is in Breslau and is very knowledgeable on Econos and has owned many. He also has a shop with lift at his house and does work for people such as disc conversions, gas tank upgrades,new motors or whatever. He has done several V8 conversion installs.
    FodMan
    FodMan

Post by FodMan Wed Feb 19, 2014 7:38 pm

cool. I am just waiting to see if a V6 may fit better or a 302 V8. I have a a automatic transmission from a 1973 Econoline. Hoping I can use that. I will find out. Have to do some major research and hopefully find some answers here.

Big W
    Big W

Number of posts : 3282
    Registration date : 2011-01-13

Post by Big W Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:57 pm

Welcome to VV. Can't waite to see some pics. As for the V-8 install, there are a few in here that have done the conversion, including my self. You will find the answers that you seek.
    FodMan
    FodMan

Post by FodMan Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:09 pm

A picture of my 1974 Econoline (KISS Van of Windsor).

Hello for Windsor, Ontario, Canada 1974ec13

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:17 am