VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

4 posters

Hinges on side cargo and back doors

Aurorarandy
    Aurorarandy

Number of posts : 24
    Registration date : 2013-06-07

Hinges on side cargo and back doors Empty Hinges on side cargo and back doors

Post by Aurorarandy Sun Feb 16, 2014 9:39 pm

Ok stupid question, how do I take side and rear doors off of my 64 a-100? Do I take the thingy off the bottom of the pin and then drive the pin up and out?
    dix
    dix
    Moderator 1st Class
    Moderator 1st Class

Number of posts : 8731
    Registration date : 2008-05-29

Hinges on side cargo and back doors Empty Re: Hinges on side cargo and back doors

Post by dix Mon Feb 17, 2014 3:25 am

From the inside there will be 3 holes in the piller at each hindge location, 9/16 socket, The hindge doesn't come off the door,

Hinges on side cargo and back doors Empty Re: Hinges on side cargo and back doors

Post by Guest Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:48 am

dix wrote: From the inside there will be 3 holes in the piller at each hindge location, 9/16 socket,  The hindge doesn't come off the door,
    ??????????????? Whaaaaaaaaaaaat? BS, I have a pair of hinges with no door attached to them. Now, if you mean can't remove the pin, that's a different topic. I haven't tried to remove the pin on the tweaked hinge I had to replace.
    Just look at the hinge were it marries to the vehicle, there will be 3 bolts on each side, they may be hidden on the door side of the hinge.
    dix
    dix
    Moderator 1st Class
    Moderator 1st Class

Post by dix Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:49 pm

onthe door piller there should be 3 black plastic plugs pop them off behind them is the bolts the higher ones are around the corner   But my hinge to the side/rear doors are riveted on to the door,  im sure you can remove the rivets ????  I never attacked that, if you did 69 a100 please enlighten us as to how you did this and reassambled  it What i do know is mine hinges are rivited to the door, The hinge pins will come out,,soak them in p oil befoe you attempt removing them..

Hinges on side cargo and back doors Door_h10
    jkr
    jkr

Number of posts : 1148

Post by jkr Mon Feb 17, 2014 2:17 pm

drill them out. yes its a lot of work but if you need to change one thats what is needed. reinstall with a carraige bolt and you might have to grind the head down a bit for it to fit when closed. the pins usually need to be heated a bunch before they will come out and that ruins paint and to much beating on the pins can bend the door shell or frame.
    A100 Wrench
    A100 Wrench

Number of posts : 572
    Registration date : 2013-05-12

Post by A100 Wrench Mon Feb 17, 2014 3:01 pm

Front door hinges are unboltable,that may be what you have.
    dix
    dix
    Moderator 1st Class
    Moderator 1st Class

Post by dix Mon Feb 17, 2014 3:04 pm

he did ask side and rear doors, this is out of my service book, click to enlarge photo.

Hinges on side cargo and back doors Hinges11

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 5:33 pm