VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

4 posters

Fuel mileage, power, and other fixes

Catimann
    Catimann

Number of posts : 43
    Registration date : 2014-01-23

Fuel mileage, power, and other fixes Empty Fuel mileage, power, and other fixes

Post by Catimann Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:05 pm

I looked over the topics and did not find anything where fuel injection of some type has been installed.  I read the slant 6 never had FI as an upgrade.  I also read they still made the slant in Mexico until 2000 and that in 61-63 they even made aluminum blocks.

Has anyone done a Holly FI conversion?  
    How about a turbo?
    lws67
    lws67

Number of posts : 193
    Registration date : 2012-06-20

Fuel mileage, power, and other fixes Empty Re: Fuel mileage, power, and other fixes

Post by lws67 Fri Feb 14, 2014 4:21 am

You will find everything you want to know about fuel injection, turbo conversions, and those motors on the slant six forum:

http://www.slantsix.org/forum/index.php

Cool 
    dix
    dix
    Moderator 1st Class
    Moderator 1st Class

Number of posts : 8729
    Registration date : 2008-05-29

Fuel mileage, power, and other fixes Empty Re: Fuel mileage, power, and other fixes

Post by dix Fri Feb 14, 2014 4:28 am

I'm also thinking Rod would be a big help on this,

Number of posts : 1148
    Registration date : 2008-05-29

Post by jkr Fri Feb 14, 2014 4:42 pm

if you ever come up with an alluminum slanty, buy, steal, do whatever, but take it home. drag racing and resto people would pay a bundle for one. the /6 has a good record as a race engine with ceertain mods such as 4bbl and headers to solid big lift cams. turbos might be a stretch given the stroke but fuel injection should be doable.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:14 am