VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

4 posters

Aussie Crossflow Engine Differances

RichardP
    RichardP

Number of posts : 77
    Registration date : 2013-08-10

Aussie Crossflow Engine Differances Empty Aussie Crossflow Engine Differances

Post by RichardP Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:13 am

Having the Aussie Crossflow engine is great but was wondering the differences in the block between the American 240 and 300.
    Things like water pump, crankshaft, engine bearings, camshaft, motor mounts etc.
    Was also wondering if a 300 crankshaft, rods, pistons, could be used to stroke out the Aussie motor.
    I think Vic maybe the only one who can answer this.
    Thanks Richard in SLO

Aussie Crossflow Engine Differances 2b8433c2-5bf6-465b-b39f-479693af2e4c_zps5f2c665b
    Seth G
    Seth G
    Vintage-Vans Listings Manager
    Vintage-Vans Listings Manager

Number of posts : 2086
    Registration date : 2013-04-24

Aussie Crossflow Engine Differances Empty Re: Aussie Crossflow Engine Differances

Post by Seth G Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:20 pm

I would go to fordsix.com and ask there, also check for info in the tech section at classic inlines. I can tell you it's not compatible with the 240/300 but with the 200/250 instead, as for the exact differences  between the american 200 & 250's and their Australian counterparts, other than the head, I'm not sure.
    CraigK
    CraigK

Number of posts : 141
    Registration date : 2012-05-14

Aussie Crossflow Engine Differances Empty Re: Aussie Crossflow Engine Differances

Post by CraigK Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:54 pm

Here is the link to the Ford Six site about an Aussie head swap to a US block
    http://www.fordsix.com/XF200ci.php
    Old Skool
    Econoline Guru

Number of posts : 1306
    Registration date : 2009-06-13

Post by Old Skool Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:34 pm

REAllY sorry that I sold my cross flow motor setup. It was screaming  affraid for all the intake and aluminum to be polished and on the cover of Hot Rod magazine.......... KRUD  I had been accumulating all the good stuff for it like custom headers, another head with roller rockers, stainless dampener, so on, so on, so on. With a cylinder head like that and fuel injection it would or still will be a real runner..... RASPBERRIEZZZZZ
      Anyways, I will be putting it in a friends spring special here pretty soon. As far as the differences go, here are some links to a lot of good information from Classic inlines and some pictures of a build I helped with about 8 years ago. 
      There are some differences in the water pump, bearings and so forth. Also, the bell housing is different and smaller. The better idea is to use the Aussie block and make an adapter to our larger bellhousing and transmission parts.  I have a lot of information on making the adapter if anyone is thinking of building it, also the Megasquirt info for the ECM. 
    Eating my heart out,,,,
    vic

http://fordsix.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4114&highlight=sbf+adaptor 

http://fordsix.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=3

http://fordsix.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=67792&p=519553&hilit=crossflow+distributor#p519553

Aussie Crossflow Engine Differances 000_0514

Aussie Crossflow Engine Differances 100_1812

Aussie Crossflow Engine Differances 100_1711

Aussie Crossflow Engine Differances 100_1712

Aussie Crossflow Engine Differances Aussie10

Aussie Crossflow Engine Differances 100_0811

Aussie Crossflow Engine Differances P1010010
    RichardP
    RichardP

Number of posts : 77
    Registration date : 2013-08-10

Post by RichardP Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:47 am

Thank you everyone.
    Vic, I am still in awe of what Eugene Phillips accomplished with my truck. Thank your information and we will dialog personally real soon. Our locations are not that far away and I do get down your way on occasion and if you are up in the Central Coast please look me up.
    Appears that most of what I will eventually need will have to come from Australia. Aussie Speed has already supplied me with gaskets, performance wires, distributor cap and rotor.
    Regards,
    Richard
    Old Skool
    Econoline Guru

Number of posts : 1306
    Registration date : 2009-06-13

Post by Old Skool Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:52 am

Planning>>????????????   on a trip to Washington here very soon to pick up my NO DOOR panel and a tail gate also>  I may be flying up and driving it back home, I hope. Planning on hitting every junk yard and field I can on the way home if I end up going>??  Please send info to vlafountaine@socal.rr.com if you will in case I do end up going.
    Vic

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:33 am