VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

3 posters

Forced Air Cooling/Electric Blower Econo/Carb Soak solution?

Magic Bus
    Magic Bus

Number of posts : 1422
    Registration date : 2009-12-02

Forced Air Cooling/Electric Blower Econo/Carb Soak solution? Empty Forced Air Cooling/Electric Blower Econo/Carb Soak solution?

Post by Magic Bus Tue Dec 10, 2013 7:14 pm

Here is the link to the truck for sale on ebay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=301035986859&item=301035986859&lgeo=1&vectorid=229466

I found the picture to be very interesting, First time Ive seen anything like it...Vic are you out there?   Shocked 

Forced Air Cooling/Electric Blower Econo/Carb Soak solution? Blower10
    econopoor
    econopoor
    Econoline Guru

Number of posts : 1747
    Registration date : 2010-04-18

Forced Air Cooling/Electric Blower Econo/Carb Soak solution? Empty Re: Forced Air Cooling/Electric Blower Econo/Carb Soak solution?

Post by econopoor Wed Dec 11, 2013 5:25 am

Hey Terry,

He's definitely been battling some overheating issues. He's cut holes thru the back wall. Added ductwork around the radiator and this blower to help carb perk. Ford put a blower like this on some mid 80's 300's in F 100 and F 150's but I never seen one. They must have had the same problem with heat soak as we have. One problem I see on this truck is the doghouse is too tight against the motor. He added bumpouts for the 302 but they are small. Needs more room to get the air out. I think using an electric fan on the radiator with a timer would be so much better that just a small blower on the carb. That way you would get all the heat out, not just the carb heat. Still needs a better escape route for the air to go than what it has.

Duane in Tennessee
    RipVanArkie
    RipVanArkie

Number of posts : 987
    Registration date : 2008-05-13

Forced Air Cooling/Electric Blower Econo/Carb Soak solution? Empty Re: Forced Air Cooling/Electric Blower Econo/Carb Soak solution?

Post by RipVanArkie Wed Dec 11, 2013 5:43 am

Notice the BIG sheet aluminum shield under the carb? I'm sure that an oil cooler or two like Jerry P uses would help to reduce the heat as well, but airflow is the biggie.

2013 MidSouth Econoline Meet
    Host of the MidSouth Econoline Meet, Petit Jean State Park, AR
    1967 Econoline Pickup
    1966 Econoline Supervan
    1967 Econoline 8-door regular van
    1965 ChevyVan, Cargo, 250/3speed

1964 Econoline 8-door Window Van, 4spd
    1966 Falcon SuperVan, Automatic

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:19 am