VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

+3
xjamesx
mothradeath
Ddavllc
7 posters

Triangle 4 link suspension

Ddavllc
    Ddavllc

Number of posts : 127
    Registration date : 2013-11-07

air suspension - Triangle 4 link suspension  Empty Triangle 4 link suspension

Post by Ddavllc Sat Dec 07, 2013 6:53 am

Has any ońe ever done one. If so any pic's
    mothradeath
    mothradeath

Number of posts : 217
    Registration date : 2009-06-17

air suspension - Triangle 4 link suspension  Empty Re: Triangle 4 link suspension

Post by mothradeath Sat Dec 07, 2013 11:55 am

this is mine. others have done it, but its safe to say its a huge job.
    air suspension - Triangle 4 link suspension  330106_2735920713358_948979354_o
    air suspension - Triangle 4 link suspension  554357_3073826800799_1232420071_n
    air suspension - Triangle 4 link suspension  Picture
    Ddavllc
    Ddavllc

air suspension - Triangle 4 link suspension  Empty Re: Triangle 4 link suspension

Post by Ddavllc Sat Dec 07, 2013 12:15 pm

Defiantly no a bolt in situation... Between the mustang front end and that cool ass rear my truck could be down a while!!!
    mothradeath
    mothradeath

Post by mothradeath Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:14 am

....but there is only a few bagged econo pickups and only one that i know of that is being built that is going to sit completely on the ground.
    mothradeath
    mothradeath

Post by mothradeath Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:30 am

hope he doesnt mind me posting a pic of it. the chassis on this is amazing and is going to blow minds when its finished. air suspension - Triangle 4 link suspension  D77ba7ce02bd11e3828a22000a9f191e_7
    xjamesx
    xjamesx

Number of posts : 378
    Registration date : 2008-05-14

Post by xjamesx Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:26 pm

That is so awesome! I love the look and respect the amount of work and dedication it takes to pull this off.
    Vannin Ken
    Vannin Ken

Number of posts : 292
    Registration date : 2012-12-29

Post by Vannin Ken Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:06 am

That's me!!, I love em slammed. Hats off to the engineering to make it look and functional, Very cool indeed!!
    RodStRace
    RodStRace

Number of posts : 3046
    Registration date : 2010-01-21

Post by RodStRace Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:18 am

If you check out the hotrodders forum, there are a LOT of guys that have not only done them, but have refined them after install...
    8800 results just in that forum!
    www.hotrodders.com&biw=1024&bih=567" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">https://www.google.com/search?q=hotrodders+forum+4+link+bagged+site:www.hotrodders.com&biw=1024&bih=567
    mothradeath
    mothradeath

Post by mothradeath Tue Dec 10, 2013 7:00 am

its not so much a statement that not many people have done 4-link suspensions, but not a ton have done them in econolines, and way fewer have done it so they sit on the ground, and even fewer have gone through with doing the front end liewise. i hope i dont piss anybody off by saying it, but it seems kooky to me to do bagged suspension only in the rear, and even kookier to go through all that work and not have it sitting on the ground. i just thought about airride 4-link the second it was mentioned and always forget people actually use them for other reasons.
    Ddavllc
    Ddavllc

Post by Ddavllc Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:16 pm

I am glad I started this topic. Ride height seem to be a personal thing? I had to remove the curbs in front of my home to get my car in the driveway without causing damage to the front bumper. I just want the truck to ride comfortable and have a aggressive stance. I am also in ahh of the hard work you all put in on your vans/trucks. I have spent hours looking at every picture I can find.

Inspiring
    RodStRace
    RodStRace

Number of posts : 3046
    Registration date : 2010-01-21

Post by RodStRace Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:56 pm

Mothra, I agree that 'layin' pavement' is very rare due to the effort involved in chassis AND Body, especially the front doors.
    I just wanted people to have another resource to tickle the dream and maybe answer some questions. The more info you have, the better you can plan. The better the plan, the better the chances of completion and a better result!
    I've also never been a big fan of the down in back rake, except on classic customs. I've often referred to that as a "Corn Belt Rake", 'cause it looks like they have a bunch of sacks of grain (or people) in back...

air suspension - Triangle 4 link suspension  Trucktaxi
    mothradeath
    mothradeath

Post by mothradeath Tue Dec 10, 2013 6:09 pm

haha that pic is hilarious. if theres any info i can help out to anybody looking to take on this task i would be more than happy.
    dante81_98

Number of posts : 20
    Registration date : 2010-03-10

Post by dante81_98 Wed Dec 11, 2013 1:32 pm

Mothra,

where might I get some more information or pictures of that truck?

Thanks,
    Chad
    mothradeath
    mothradeath

Post by mothradeath Wed Dec 11, 2013 5:19 pm

i dont know him personally or have build info. i really feel kinda funny even throwing that pic up without asking the dude. you can check out his entire build on instagram his screename is RAYJMOR
    dante81_98

Number of posts : 20
    Registration date : 2010-03-10

Post by dante81_98 Wed Dec 11, 2013 8:49 pm

Thanks for the info. I am sure he wouldn't mind if he is posting it up on instagram. I know I wouldn't. I will go check it out.
    3onthetree
    3onthetree

Number of posts : 308
    Registration date : 2012-01-25

Post by 3onthetree Mon Dec 23, 2013 12:27 pm

I just finished a 1966 Econoline window van with the triangulated four link and a Mustang II front suspension and the entire build is on this website. I checked out that other dudes pictures on Instagram and that pick up looks sick.

If you have any questions about the Mustang two or the triangulated four link or a body drop let me know, I would be happy to help out.
    Ddavllc
    Ddavllc

Post by Ddavllc Mon Dec 23, 2013 6:37 pm

I read your entire thread 10 time or more..... It's awesome. I could most likely do all the wrenching but I don't know how to weld. (Yet). Does your van handle well?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:08 am