VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

2 posters

removing choke cable from doghouse?

jdlaugh
    jdlaugh

Number of posts : 298
    Registration date : 2013-03-18

removing choke cable from doghouse? Empty removing choke cable from doghouse?

Post by jdlaugh Mon Nov 25, 2013 7:48 am

Maybe silly question, but how do you remove the choke cable/knob from the doghouse on a 65 Econoline pickup? The cable is frozen and rusted and I'd like to replace it. I just can't figure out how they come apart.... Rolling Eyes 
    Old Skool
    Econoline Guru

Number of posts : 1306
    Registration date : 2009-06-13

removing choke cable from doghouse? Empty Re: removing choke cable from doghouse?

Post by Old Skool Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:40 am

Cable and knob are a assembled unit,, simply remove the nut on the inside of the doghouse and take it out...
    vic
    jdlaugh
    jdlaugh

Number of posts : 298
    Registration date : 2013-03-18

removing choke cable from doghouse? Empty Re: removing choke cable from doghouse?

Post by jdlaugh Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:42 am

Thanks, I figured it out. The big nut on the back kept spinning and so did the washer on the other side  -- until I grabbed a pair of channel locks and just held onto the washer. It unscrewed and I could see the washer was attached to the housing. Looks like the part the nut screwed onto had separated from the rest of the cable housing and it would just spin while you held onto the housing and not come loose. I figured there was a hidden fastener or something I was missing.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 2:48 am