VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

3 posters

Heres a VAN!! one we never see!!

Twinpilot001
    Twinpilot001

Number of posts : 6186
    Registration date : 2009-09-28

Heres a VAN!!  one we never see!! Empty Heres a VAN!! one we never see!!

Post by Twinpilot001 Fri Oct 04, 2013 5:20 am

Wouldnt this look great drivceing around the van meets?? = http://spokane.craigslist.org/pts/4108343728.html
    econopoor
    econopoor
    Econoline Guru

Number of posts : 1747
    Registration date : 2010-04-18

Heres a VAN!!  one we never see!! Empty Re: Heres a VAN!! one we never see!!

Post by econopoor Fri Oct 04, 2013 3:41 pm

I remember when the post office used those. Seems they did away with them because they couldn't take a hit. Not much protection with that thin fiberglass body.

A local gas station had one parked out behind it that wouldn't have taken much to get it back on the road. I tried to buy it somewhere around 73 or so. The owner wanted $600.00 for it. That was a mountian of money in 73. You could buy a nice car for that. The scooter is still sitting behind that gas station. The station has been closed since the mid 80's. It's still in post office red white and blue.

Duane in Tennessee
    dix
    dix
    Moderator 1st Class
    Moderator 1st Class

Number of posts : 8729
    Registration date : 2008-05-29

Post by dix Fri Oct 04, 2013 3:48 pm

I'm thinking they were used for giving out parking tickets also back in the day,

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:55 pm