VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

5 posters

Wheel well replacement -Is there one for Sale?

Wheel well replacement -Is there one for Sale? Empty Wheel well replacement -Is there one for Sale?

Post by Guest Tue Sep 24, 2013 1:12 pm

I bought a 1969 G-10 Van that is missing the left rear wheel well housing. The old owner blew his tire up doing figure 8 burnouts which destroyed the wheel well as it slammed into the roof of the van. I need to find one but have been very unsuccessful. Is there any re-pops available? Does anyone out in Van Land have one for sale?  Thanks, Finn
    donivan65
    donivan65
    Governor
    Governor

Number of posts : 12220
    Registration date : 2008-05-12

Wheel well replacement -Is there one for Sale? Empty Re: Wheel well replacement -Is there one for Sale?

Post by donivan65 Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:06 pm

the outer part is available

Wheel well replacement -Is there one for Sale? Rocker10
    Joe Van
    Joe Van
    Moderator 1st Class
    Moderator 1st Class

Number of posts : 4619
    Registration date : 2012-10-11

Wheel well replacement -Is there one for Sale? Empty Re: Wheel well replacement -Is there one for Sale?

Post by Joe Van Wed Sep 25, 2013 5:03 am

Your are gonna have to find someone here that has a parts Van that is willing to cut one out from inside the Van!!!! Place a add in G parts wanted.  I myselph need a small peice of roof section to cover a rear vent hole for a 1ST GEN Chevy..Smile
    RipVanArkie
    RipVanArkie

Number of posts : 987
    Registration date : 2008-05-13

Post by RipVanArkie Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:32 am

I have one already cut out, let me double check its condition, get a couple pics and I'll get back to you.

2013 MidSouth Econoline Meet
    Host of the MidSouth Econoline Meet, Petit Jean State Park, AR
    1967 Econoline Pickup
    1966 Econoline Supervan
    1967 Econoline 8-door regular van
    1965 ChevyVan, Cargo, 250/3speed

1964 Econoline 8-door Window Van, 4spd
    1966 Falcon SuperVan, Automatic
    RipVanArkie
    RipVanArkie

Post by RipVanArkie Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:34 am

Joe, I am getting a parts van so we can replace the entire roof of dads 65 Chevy van. If I can salvage what you need from the old roof its yours. The old roof is just rusted all the way around the drip rails.

1967 Econoline Pickup
    1966 Econoline Supervan

Joe Van
    Joe Van
    Moderator 1st Class
    Moderator 1st Class

Number of posts : 4619
    Registration date : 2012-10-11

Post by Joe Van Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:45 am

Rip that would be GREAT  I need a 16x16 inch peice big enough to cover a standerd roof vent hole (14x14) right over the rear axel.!!! The wing I bought is going to be almost halph way over the cut out so I wont be able to put another vent in after I install the wing.!!!! there is plexi glass there now. PM me when your ready to cut it out.!!!!.............. no rush!!!!....Do you have a wheel well houseing for Finn Daddy also.? THANKS ....JOE VAN....
    RipVanArkie
    RipVanArkie

Post by RipVanArkie Wed Sep 25, 2013 1:51 pm

YEah, the wheel housing is ready to go. I'll need to cut the roof section for you. Shouldnt be a problem.

1967 Econoline Pickup
    1966 Econoline Supervan

kookykrispy
    kookykrispy

Number of posts : 1533
    Registration date : 2009-05-22

Post by kookykrispy Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:00 pm

Finn,

I am parting out a '67 van down here in the Seattle area.. I can cut out whatever you need.

I'd love to meet another WA state vanner, so if you are ever down this way, let me know!

We can move large parts up to you via Vanner express and save on shipping.

email me kookykrispy@yahoo.com

Post by Guest Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:25 am

Thanks everyone for the helpful and quick replies. Really appreciate it. Kookykrispy, it's great to find someone so close! Since I'm just an hour or so from you, I'm very interested. I'll shoot you an email and we can go from there.

Rip, thank you as well! If this local wheel well housing doesn't pan out, I will definitely be in touch. Really, really appreciate the help.

Finn
    savage
    savage

Number of posts : 2626
    Registration date : 2008-05-15

Post by savage Fri Sep 27, 2013 6:00 am

Fin, you got any pics of your van?? Never seen a WW rip out & hit roof .Guess it was a chunk of tire???  Just put wheel wells back in drag van(somebody cut them out for wrinklel slicks???)  Joe(KK) can hook you up

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 10:21 am