VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

4 posters

New Member/ VIN# Locations

kferguson
    kferguson

Number of posts : 2
    Registration date : 2013-09-22

New Member/ VIN# Locations Empty New Member/ VIN# Locations

Post by kferguson Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:41 am

Hello All,
    I am new to this forum and a new owner of a '67 A100. I am trying to register the van in California. To do so, the DMV needs to see two VIN #'s. Other than the obvious one on the driver's side, is there another one somewhere? If not I will have to have the CHP verify the #'s.
    dix
    dix
    Moderator 1st Class
    Moderator 1st Class

Number of posts : 8731
    Registration date : 2008-05-29

New Member/ VIN# Locations Empty Re: New Member/ VIN# Locations

Post by dix Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:57 am

1st welcome to vintage vans, the 2nd location is stamped on the frame , On the passenger side either in front of or behind the shock, it's there but you may have to do some cleaning, / sanding. the van looks very nice, I know you are new here so if you go down the page to a100- links page you can find this and a lot of other helpfull info there, when you need help just ask......

Number of posts : 3046
    Registration date : 2010-01-21

Post by RodStRace Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:48 am

Welcome!
    The DMV should have a database of the 'secret' locations of serial numbers.
    Problem is, the drones at the DMV are unmotivated and have vast amounts of info they need to know all the rules and all the various information on vehicles. Very few know of all the tricks to even find this stuff, let alone actually go find it.

I would suggest finding a AAA or other business to do the VIN Verification. They are often much more knowledgable and are willing to find the info they don't already know. The CHP has a very professional attitude, but are also of the mindset that anything they see is an a broken law they are supposed to catch. I would suggest using them as a last resort, and make sure you have all your I's dotted and T's crossed before going there.
    kferguson
    kferguson

Number of posts : 2
    Registration date : 2013-09-22

Post by kferguson Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:46 am

Thanks for the quick responses. I've been to both AAA and DMV and neither are able to find 2nd VIN#. The DMV has referred me to the CHP. Looked all over frame near shocks on passenger side to no avail. Dix, I am also unable to find the a100 links page. Is it in the index part of this website?
    dix
    dix
    Moderator 1st Class
    Moderator 1st Class

Number of posts : 8731
    Registration date : 2008-05-29

Post by dix Sun Sep 22, 2013 12:08 pm

like i said it's not easy to find , that is why i said you will have to do some cleaning the stamping of numbers and letters in not very deep, it's not like you can climb under and just see it Like Rod stated there is not a lot of help at any D.M.V. Something like this is not in there computer the links is A-100 parts links.

Number of posts : 14775
    Registration date : 2012-09-22

Post by vanny Sun Sep 22, 2013 12:40 pm

Welcome K, if you go to the bottom of this page there is a dropdown list called "Select a Formum" if you click on the drop down, you can look for "A Parts Link" under the Parts Link Resource section.

http://public.fotki.com/Vintage-Vans/vintage-vans-es/ruff-diamond-1/?cmd=fs_slideshow

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 4:20 pm