VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

5 posters

I met another vanner!!!!

wideload
    wideload
    Moderator 1st Class
    Moderator 1st Class

Number of posts : 1388
    Registration date : 2008-05-11

I met another vanner!!!! Empty I met another vanner!!!!

Post by wideload Fri Feb 06, 2009 6:27 pm

I had the opportunity today to meet another one of the members of this site. Nightmoves was working within about five miles of my place today so that gave us the chance to meet and talk for a few minutes. As its been with everyone I've met from the vanning community we had a great time talking about our vans and just visiting in general. I think he is the closest member of the site to where I live which is about 170 miles from me so the chance to visit with another vanner doesn't happen very often here. If you have the chance to meet up with someone from the site, go for it !!!!! It's always interesting and a lot of fun to talk with and share ideas with someone that has a mutual interest.
    Was great meeting you Moe!

Nightmoves
    Nightmoves

Number of posts : 2214
    Registration date : 2008-11-17

I met another vanner!!!! Empty Re: I met another vanner!!!!

Post by Nightmoves Fri Feb 06, 2009 7:37 pm

Same here Mike! Thanks.That was cool hangin out & bs'n with ya for a bit.There aint too many of us from this site in this area.Glad I got to meet with one of the first ones that welcomed me aboard.Damn good guy!
    I've noticed quite a few members over on the left coast,several of our neighbors north of the border(EH?),double hand full up in Ohio region,and up in New england area also.reckon the rest of us are sparcely planted throught the rest of the country.Can't forget the boys "across the pond" either.With 376 members & growing,shame theres not a map showin where we are,so if by chance we're ever in that region you could meet up with them.Thier are several on here I'd like to meet,if ever I had the chance.
    I really dig that van ya got Mike.So much potintial it has !Body is in great shape.Looks good.Wanna trade ??? Haaaaaaa !!!! lol! See ya bud!
    Vanish
    Vanish
    Admin

Number of posts : 5155
    Registration date : 2008-05-02

Post by Vanish Fri Feb 06, 2009 7:46 pm

This site Has been Good to me as well...... Have made some Good Friends here and am Lucky enough to LIVE RIGHT NEXT TO DONIVAN..... I think it's cool to be able to share your Passion with others ......... I Cant wait to meet some of the other Members on our site !!!!!!!!!!!!!

sasktrini
    sasktrini

Number of posts : 2067
    Registration date : 2008-05-20

Post by sasktrini Sun Feb 08, 2009 9:53 am

It's not particularly easy where I live... not many enthusiasts in Saskatchewan. However, I met a couple from the Midwest states who were trekking to Alaska... enjoyed a nice visit and a couple local brews... and I'm hoping to head to the Midwest and Vantasia eVants in 2010! Also, met a few other people within a 5-8 hour drive from me... all because of the internet. Almost met Bragg last summer too, but my visit to his town was while he was gone. Maybe this summer, I'll be back in the neighborhood!

I've developed a great deal of faith in the belief that van enthusiasts are kind and generous people by nature. Typically, we value our modest vans and aren't too proud to say it. Not like other kinds of auto enthusiasts. I've never encountered a snob in the van world.

Starting in 2010, I hope to do a Midwest trip down to KC. A PNW trip to Frisco is on the wish list, and San Diego via Arizona is also on there. Hopefully there will be chances to meet many of you in the western US!
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 1731
    Registration date : 2008-05-01

Post by Admin Sun Feb 08, 2009 2:26 pm

Who said we don't have a map!

Member's Map

We got vanners on the map that have never been in the forum! scratch
    sasktrini
    sasktrini

Number of posts : 2067
    Registration date : 2008-05-20

Post by sasktrini Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:01 pm

Didn't know... I'm in!

Post by Guest Sun Feb 08, 2009 4:42 pm

corey one day soon we will meet until then keep on rollin.
    Nightmoves
    Nightmoves

Number of posts : 2214
    Registration date : 2008-11-17

Post by Nightmoves Sun Feb 08, 2009 7:35 pm

Oops! As the kids say "my bad".I did'nt know it was there.Must missed it somewhere along the line.Thanks Chebby.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:48 pm