VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

3 posters

Radiator again !

gkpost
    gkpost

Number of posts : 224
    Registration date : 2010-10-16

radiator - Radiator again ! Empty Radiator again !

Post by gkpost Sun Aug 18, 2013 4:07 pm

I got one, Its not the right one but with a little tweeking it will work. I've got a ford part # cu397, and was wondering if anyone else has used this in there chevy?
    Old Dirty
    Old Dirty

Number of posts : 70
    Registration date : 2011-05-04

radiator - Radiator again ! Empty Re: Radiator again !

Post by Old Dirty Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:58 pm

Looking for a radiator for mine too. Need to cool a V8 and found somebody's link on here to an aluminum 3 core that said it could handle up to 400hp and fit in our vans. Can't recall where I saw it or who posted it but I want to give it a try. From what I remember it was available through several online vendors and ebay as well. I'll give you the link when I find it again. It was less than $300 I believe.

For the Ford radiator you found, as long as it fits in the doghouse and the inlet/outlet arrangement works with your motor you should be OK provided it's big enough to handle your engine's cooling needs. Electric fans are very helpful according to what I've read here. Mines not running yet but I plan on taking the electric fan route when it is. Good luck and let us know how it turns out!
    back2thewoods
    back2thewoods

Number of posts : 842
    Registration date : 2008-05-26

Post by back2thewoods Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:44 am

there was a thread I think on vcvc from ledfoot about using a ford tractor radiator,,,,,,,,,,
    gkpost
    gkpost

Number of posts : 224
    Registration date : 2010-10-16

Post by gkpost Sat Aug 24, 2013 3:04 pm

Work has been crazy, So I have not had a lot of time. I still have to fab some mounts for the radiator. I'll show some pics when I can, but thank for the replies.
    Happy vanning to all. ~ GK.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 3:23 pm