VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

Want To Trade?

Want To Trade? Empty Want To Trade?

Post by Guest Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:23 pm

I have a 57 Chevy Apache P/U, no motor or trans. This truck has NO RUST and is complete. All glass is there and in good shape except the pass door. New rear springs and bushings, I will post better pics tomorrow. I'm looking for a flatty panel, not real particular as to brand! I'm in socal.
    The Dodge is for sale also, 97 CTD 12 valve, 325hp, 5sp manual, ceramic puck clutch, SLE Larime, 50 gallon stash & gas bed tank. New front end, tires, and brakes, the trans and clutch has less than 6K on them with 151K on a fully loaded truck. This truck is a tow beast and gets 21mpg unloaded, 14mpg towing 12K. I used it to tow my 5th wheel, but we got a motorhome instead, so it just sits most of the time.

Want To Trade? Now016

Want To Trade? Empty Re: Want To Trade?

Post by Guest Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:12 pm

how much for the dodge ? is there a trade your looking for for it ? Want To Trade? Mvan1-2

Post by Guest Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:38 pm

Thats one SAAWEET e-van man! I figure the truck is worth about 10K with all the upgrades that are done. A pristine stock truck is worth 9800, and the "add-ons" I've done are close to 8K, so I figure 10K or so. Here's the "hook" this is probably the best truck I've ever owned, she's a little rough around the edges, but she's NEVER let me down.

I know your needen to sell your baby to pay some bills, but I really cant do a straight trade (need to pay some stuff myself)..............let me know.

Post by Guest Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:18 am

Harolds Econo would be a good one for you kowboy. I hope you guys can work something out.
    DanTheVanMan
    DanTheVanMan
    Commissioner
    Commissioner

Number of posts : 7900
    Registration date : 2008-10-08

Post by DanTheVanMan Tue Feb 03, 2009 6:50 am

Think just about everyone is hurting to some degree these days... Times are tough and most likely it will only get worse, much worse I fear before it starts getting better...... Sad

2004 Kawasaki KLR650
    1997 Jeep TJ Sport

My Mini Gallery

Want To Trade? Qr_cod10

<-<-<- Cruising is not a "Point A to Point B" thing, but an "Everything in between thing!  <-<-<-

Post by Guest Tue Feb 03, 2009 8:34 am

my thoughts with the Dodge was to start a transport service with it. to hall earlys back east. there was a guy out here to pick up my hot rod van that brought traliers out west and transported autos and such back east. he chearged around $800.00 to hall a van from Oregon to Michigan. i thought that was a killer deal. he told me the new traliers he would halll out west would pay the bill's and his pay and the item's he would hall back paid the fuiel and up keep on his truck. he has a big Int. with a 35' goos neck tralier. he was able to pick up two autos to hall back. Want To Trade? Endvan4

Post by Guest Tue Feb 03, 2009 8:42 am

the 57 would be a fun project i'm building a 56 F100 for a buddy at this time. if i run across a clean early to trade. what condition are you looking for.

Post by Guest Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:15 am

The Dodge is what would be considered a "hotshot" truck. The Cummins has been turned up a bit. Its all done mehanical, this is a pre electronic engine. Garret torque turbo, 4" stainless exhaust, 325hp injectors, and runnin probably around 625+ in torque. The trans is a 26K GVWR trans (cause it ate autos for lunch) and the clutch is rated for 1200#'s of torque. Dana 80 rear axle with a locker. 30K gooseneck hitch and she holds 85 gallons of fuel, power vision towing mirrors. REALLY built to tow.

The 57 is probably worth about a grand, since there is no rust repair needed. I'm looking for a short panel flatty, mainly for there light weight, so I can tow it behind the motorhome with the Harley in it. Preferable one thats a pretty solid driver, without alot of rust repair (I suck at body work). Dont care to much about brand, I like'm all, but a panel so its as light as possible. Arent the shorties around 2800-3000 pounds in running condition? Anyway, it will kill 2 birds with one stone for me, it gives me a "harley hauler" and will satisfy my hotrod bug also. I'm a gearhead wrench who does his own work and fabbing, so I guess a driver that needs some TLC would work.

Post by Guest Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:17 am

DanTheVanMan wrote:Think just about everyone is hurting to some degree these days... Times are tough and most likely it will only get worse, much worse I fear before it starts getting better...... Sad

Heard that, we are in a pretty good position, but some friends of ours have been almost devistated in the fallout.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 6:51 pm