VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

+5
RodStRace
Dawgboy
slowflapper
dix
Wheelie
9 posters

Ebay Fuel sender issues

Wheelie
    Wheelie

Number of posts : 322
    Registration date : 2013-02-22

Ebay Fuel sender issues - Page 2 Empty Re: Ebay Fuel sender issues

Post by Wheelie Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:10 am

Wow,the stock ohm specs is all I really needed. :)I understand how it works a little better now though :)I have noticed its real similiar to using a ballast resistor used on chevy etc. that have to step down the voltage  to run the coil. I have just never seen one this bass awkwards. Working on corvettes all days gets me a little snow blind when I swap over to other makes. cyclops The original fuel guage burned up so Im going to use the 5v computer chippy thing that gives it a good solid 5 volts and bypass that betallic spring regulator.
    dodge A-108
    dodge A-108

Number of posts : 67
    Registration date : 2014-11-22

Ebay Fuel sender issues - Page 2 Empty tank sending unit

Post by dodge A-108 Sat Nov 29, 2014 1:09 am

Wheelie wrote:I bought the eBay Sender that is supposed to fit our vans and it fits but I can't get it to work. When I ground the sender wire the guage shows full which usually means the wiring is good. When I test the ohms at the sender they read from 10-73 ish ohms empty to full. I always before installation bench test and that is what I found. Also I added a ground to the sender itself and attached it to the frame and another ground to the guage cluster. When its plugged in I get nothing from the guage as it only reads empty. The guage is getting voltage on the "I" terminal. I also verified that the sender wire is good from the guage to the tank with no shorts.  I also tried the adjustable rheostat trick to see if adding resistance would help to no effect. Anyone for any input on this or insight? Thx!
    the OEM sending unit is still available part #4051004. and yes, its 11 and 73 ohms
    RodStRace
    RodStRace

Number of posts : 3046
    Registration date : 2010-01-21

Post by RodStRace Mon Dec 01, 2014 4:26 pm

I checked with my friend at the dealership today.
    The part # is good, but it has been discontinued.
    He looked and found ONE listed in inventory in the US and gave me the phone number to that dealer. I called and they said that it was a mistake and that they did not have one.
    So unless you have an old school dealer that stocks stuff and is not on the national database (Is that even possible?), you won't find one at a Dodge dealer...
    I was really hoping....
    gary h
    gary h

Number of posts : 474
    Registration date : 2012-10-19

Ebay Fuel sender issues - Page 2 Empty ebay-fuel-sender-issues

Post by gary h Wed Dec 03, 2014 12:06 am

Why not find a correct A-100 Sender and have it rebuilt? There should be a few places that still rebuild them, check Hemmings. At least you know what you got rather than the China Garbage! Just Sayin.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:39 pm