VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

+5
Twinpilot001
dix
Army of Six
econopoor
Vanish
9 posters

Got a Favorite ...E- VAN OR VAN UP ON YOU-TUBE ????

Vanish
    Vanish
    Admin

Number of posts : 5155
    Registration date : 2008-05-02

Got a Favorite ...E- VAN OR VAN UP ON YOU-TUBE ????  Empty Got a Favorite ...E- VAN OR VAN UP ON YOU-TUBE ????

Post by Vanish Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:24 am

Looking for some of your Favorite You Tube 'E' VIDS !!!!! Please Post Your submissions in this Post ... They will be featured on our Main web site .... E's ONLY PLEASE !!!!!!! Thank you .....

econopoor
    econopoor
    Econoline Guru

Number of posts : 1747
    Registration date : 2010-04-18

Got a Favorite ...E- VAN OR VAN UP ON YOU-TUBE ????  Empty Re: Got a Favorite ...E- VAN OR VAN UP ON YOU-TUBE ????

Post by econopoor Sat Mar 30, 2013 7:07 am

Vanish
    Vanish
    Admin

Got a Favorite ...E- VAN OR VAN UP ON YOU-TUBE ????  Empty Re: Got a Favorite ...E- VAN OR VAN UP ON YOU-TUBE ????

Post by Vanish Sat Mar 30, 2013 7:23 am

Thanks Duane ... Keep em comeing Guys .... Duane we Got You all Hooked up in the E Links section .. Have a Look !!!!!!! Chebby is doing a Fantastic Job over there ..........

Army of Six
    Army of Six

Number of posts : 241
    Registration date : 2010-10-02

Post by Army of Six Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:36 am

man I would love to take that drive through Deals Gap. that looks beautiful
    dix
    dix
    Moderator 1st Class
    Moderator 1st Class

Number of posts : 8729
    Registration date : 2008-05-29

Post by dix Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:28 pm

dix
    dix
    Moderator 1st Class
    Moderator 1st Class

Number of posts : 8729
    Registration date : 2008-05-29

Post by dix Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:37 pm

Admin

Post by Vanish Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:14 am

bump ........

Twinpilot001
    Twinpilot001

Number of posts : 6186
    Registration date : 2009-09-28

Post by Twinpilot001 Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:29 am

Twinpilot001
    Twinpilot001

Number of posts : 6186
    Registration date : 2009-09-28

Post by Twinpilot001 Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:33 am

Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 1731
    Registration date : 2008-05-01

Post by Admin Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:18 am

bump
    cinemobile
    cinemobile

Number of posts : 26
    Registration date : 2013-04-09

Post by cinemobile Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:01 pm

I have 2 videos on youtube of the van I own. Its a true "one of a kind" It is a 1966 10-door Econoline with a hydraulic platform that raises 26 feet.
    I am a new member here and not alowed to posts links yet but if you go to youtube and search for cinemobile van they come right up. I also have a page on cardomin with lots of pics, links and the history of this van.

One of a kind Acadamy Award Winning movie grip van Cinemobile
    The man who designed and produced the Cinemobile won the Acadamy Award in 1970 in the Scientific and Engineering category.

He created the Cinemobile to be flown all over the world filming location shots for the series I-Spy. It later went on to film 100s of movies and television. A large hydraulic platform sits on the roof and raises 26 feet high for filming

There were only two of these vans produced before they went onto using large bus conversions that could carry crew members as well as all production equipment.. the second of the vans was scrapped years ago.
    SDEconoTruck
    SDEconoTruck

Number of posts : 310
    Registration date : 2010-05-26

Post by SDEconoTruck Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:06 am

Welcome Cinemobile, if you haven't been yet. Wow, I seem to remember reading about this van long ago. Beyond rare as there were only a couple made by Ford. I tried to get a link to show video on YouTube:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHz9m0ggySg
    and
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=YYyLFq0c8oI

Also, if that doesn't work, try the link inside this article:
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2278313/1966-ford-e250-super-duty-cargo/

I got to say, a bit of responsibility goes along with that Econoline!
    George
    cinemobile
    cinemobile

Post by cinemobile Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:15 am

Thanks for listing the links for me George,, I appreciate it!! Smile "Responsibility" That's a good term for it.. I agree.. I have had a number of generous offers for it. Most are ones out of the country with various ideas for it. I personally would like to see it restored and donated to a museum at some point. I did quite a bit of research on the benefits of donation but sadly I personally dont fall into a high enough tax bracket to benefit from doing that... I recently had a suggestion to look into historical vehicle restoration grants which I think I will see if there are any that it might qualify for. I also sent an email to the producers of Pawn Stars since I live in Las Vegas. They got right back to me the next day wanting more information about it. So I am keeping my fingers crossed about that one. Smile
    There is also an article being written about it that will be in the next issue of Rollin Heavy Magazine. So with all that Im looking forward to the outcome. This is the first time I have really made an effort to find the right buyer.. Dumb van has been in my life for over 30 years now (I had great fun playing on it as a child!). Its time it found a home where it will be appreciated.. Thanks again for posting the links for it..
    Patricia
    kgdb
    kgdb

Number of posts : 266
    Registration date : 2009-12-03

Post by kgdb Sat Apr 20, 2013 9:37 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4hLLPRCeopE

Here is mine, Probably posted this here already.

kgdb
    cinemobile
    cinemobile

Got a Favorite ...E- VAN OR VAN UP ON YOU-TUBE ????  Empty 1966 - 10 door econoline with hydraulic platform on roof raises 26 feet

Post by cinemobile Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:00 pm

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 01, 2024 5:55 pm