VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

2 posters

Just an interesting tid bit

Emily_67
    Emily_67

Number of posts : 19
    Registration date : 2012-07-09

Just an interesting tid bit Empty Just an interesting tid bit

Post by Emily_67 Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:34 am

I got a 67falcon about 7 months ago that was used for army purposes. Some neighbor hood kids broke out my back window I went web surfing and ended up just buying a whole nother falcon! Ends up this one was used at an Air Force base!!! Vin numbers are only 317 apart!!!! I was wondering if anybody has more info on these military vans? Ordered special from ford? Used primarily for hauling our boys around base? Ive become completely obsessed with these vans.
    donivan65
    donivan65
    Governor
    Governor

Number of posts : 12220
    Registration date : 2008-05-12

Just an interesting tid bit Empty Re: Just an interesting tid bit

Post by donivan65 Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:39 am

Each military base is like a small city,,,,,and the civilian workers and military need trucks, cars, dump trucks, busses to keep it going,,,,,,so the government buys them by the batch,,,,,could be 300 at a time,,,,and buys them from who ever gives them the best price. And they are usually the bare minimum when it comes to options,,,,,and they only keep them for a few years then sell them at auctions.....so you will find plenty of old military Chevy, Dodge and Ford vehicles still out there,,,mostly vans and pick ups,,,,,they are just regular vehicles painted whatever was the military color and put a brass plate on the dash showing its military license plate number and Federal Stock Number......

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 9:43 pm