VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

66 G-10 Sport Van... an update

66 G-10 Sport Van... an update Empty 66 G-10 Sport Van... an update

Post by Guest Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:41 pm

Evening all! I was looking at my freshly acquired G-10 today. Will still be a few days before I bring it home, as 14 inch tires are SO hard to come by! It's only for the purpose of towing home on the dolly. I made a couple of mistakes in my initial posting, so I'll try to clear a few things up.
    The drivers side triangular glass is not missing like I thought. However, The drivers door, vent window, along with the rearward most pop out glass, have fallen victim to the BB gun. The forward pop out glass is just cracked. There are 5 additional BB shots to the windshield for a total of six. The passenger side glass looks to be OK. The front floor is a bit more rusted than I could first tell last week. After moving the air cleaner,( no, it wasn't on the engine), and other stuff out of the way, I found the floor from the drivers feet to passenger feet let in quite a bit of daylight. Big patch panel here!
    Speedo shows 81923 miles. VIN is G1266P135723. Does anyone know how to decipher VINs for these vans and tell me what I got? Side emblems state it's a Sport Van Custom. Will be posting pics soon! It's under a shelter and kinda hard to get around, but will try as soon as I can. Thanks all!!!
    donivan65
    donivan65
    Governor
    Governor

Number of posts : 12220
    Registration date : 2008-05-12

66 G-10 Sport Van... an update Empty Re: 66 G-10 Sport Van... an update

Post by donivan65 Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:15 pm

G1266 is a 1966 SportVan,,,,,they came in 3 levels of trim,,,SportVan, SportVan Custom, SportVan Deluxe,,,,,,the fancy stuff would be chrome bumpers, headlight and tail light bezels,,,,a fancy horn button,,,a step that slides out with the side doors,,,,chrome strips on the sides and back,,,,a pad on the dash,,,,,,and a complete interior,,,,,,so how much of this stuff do you have,,,,,and what does the data plate under the lower drivers door hinge say under paint and trim?

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:04 am