VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

3 posters

Parts Book???

Das Boot
    Das Boot

Number of posts : 76
    Registration date : 2013-01-29

Parts Book??? Empty Parts Book???

Post by Das Boot Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:13 pm

Hey all, new to the forum. I've had my '65 pickup for about a year now and as the days are getting longer, I'm starting to figure out what I'd like to get done in the coming months. In the next couple of weeks, I plan on starting a rebuild of the steering column & gear. I have a spare one to work on which has the shifter & tube assembly. I've got the bearings, seals, bushings, retainers, etc for the box/column, but I cannot find didley info/parts-wise for the shifter tube. The service manual isn't very good for part numbers. I've look at Bishko and they have a body & chassis parts book for 1965 trucks, but it's a bit pricey at $111. I wouldn't mind spending the money if it contains all the info (part numbers & illustrations for the whole truck) which helps finding parts at these obsolete parts houses. Does anyone have this book or parts info for the shifter tube?

Thanks,
    Brian
    Barnabas
    Barnabas
    Vintage-Vans Listings Manager
    Vintage-Vans Listings Manager

Number of posts : 2011
    Registration date : 2011-01-16

Parts Book??? Empty Re: Parts Book???

Post by Barnabas Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:43 pm

1957-1963 Ford Truck Parts and Accessories Catalog
    1964-1972 Ford Truck Parts and Accessories Catalog

Paper and CD-ROM versions are available on eBay

I got the CD-ROM version, which is a scan of the paper version. You can not search for a word, so I created a separate text document that I use as a table of contents.
    Murdock
    Murdock

Number of posts : 313
    Registration date : 2010-12-29

Post by Murdock Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:00 pm

Das Boot
    Das Boot

Post by Das Boot Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:26 pm

Thanks guys - yes I found it on Amazon and it will be in my grubby little hands Friday!
    Das Boot
    Das Boot

Post by Das Boot Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:51 am

Hey, just got my manual in the mail. I just found out that I could have save a few dollars getting the direct download not to mention shipping. Here's a link if anyone is interested:
    MRE Books
    Over 6,800 pages of parts/numbers and illustrations for $16.95! Not a bad deal. They also have a lot of other manuals for Ford/Mercury. Just thought I'd pass on the info.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 7:54 am