VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

+2
dix
gkpost
6 posters

Finding cool stuff.

gkpost
    gkpost

Number of posts : 224
    Registration date : 2010-10-16

Finding cool stuff. Empty Finding cool stuff.

Post by gkpost Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:17 pm

I've been wondering if any of you have ever found any cool stuff in your van.
    I'm asking because when I first got my van it had the old early 70's hippie int. and it was beat,dirty and had to go. The lady I got the van from said it used to be her uncle's and he was a tie died in the wool hippie. So I thought when I was pulling out the int I would probably find something cool like an old concert stub or a roach clip something. Well this hippie was a clean one in the respect that all I found was(see pic)old trash.
    So I'm hoping you might have some cool stories about stuff maybe you found.
    Let's hear about it. ~ GK.
    Finding cool stuff. P1020110
    dix
    dix
    Moderator 1st Class
    Moderator 1st Class

Number of posts : 8731
    Registration date : 2008-05-29

Finding cool stuff. Empty Re: Finding cool stuff.

Post by dix Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:29 pm

back in the mid 70's after a year of owning a van in high school I found weed plants growing out of the carpet, those Dam hippies i let ride in the back.

Number of posts : 575
    Registration date : 2010-07-30

Post by austinmodhouse Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:30 pm

I once got a 61 econoline from a widow, it had been her husbands and her attorney told her to sell it for $1. it had sat for years, was filled with junk.

wife and I put on masks and started digging and cleaning, threw most everything away. I found an old tube radio… put it on ebay to see what would happen (this was before ebay was run like a retail mall or amazon). so it sold, to a guy in spain. he sent me a note saying the city he lived in was setting up a communications museum and that radio was the first piece they had purchased. I ended up trading the van for $80 and a bunch of promo cds to a guy that owned an independent record shop in marin. his brother helped flush the fluids, and they got it running with no real repairs. I used to stop in from time to time and he’d give me some cds he thought I’d like. I even have a hat from his store. sadly, like most all independent music stores, he seems to have gone out of business, Dreamland was the name. so that was the story of the old radio, that found its way to a spanish museum via old econoline.
    pan58head
    pan58head

Number of posts : 512
    Registration date : 2010-03-15

Post by pan58head Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:22 pm

I found a dipstick in the top channels of my van when i pulled the roof skin off. Only way it got there is someone stuck it in there before the roof was welded on. Years ago I cut a drive shaft to shorten it and the was a root beer can in side!!! bob
    wildbillinva

Number of posts : 134
    Registration date : 2011-02-26

Post by wildbillinva Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:52 am

found this butcher knife while cutting a patch panel off one of my parts vans.
    Finding cool stuff. Picture003
    wildbillinva
    Gothboy
    Gothboy

Number of posts : 714
    Registration date : 2012-07-02

Post by Gothboy Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:21 am

Im the only one of my friends who ever finds odd stuff in his cars. Theres almost always ammo too. this van was 38 special...rolling around inside the roof.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 10:21 pm