VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

+2
Walker
Vanadian
6 posters

Japanese Kei cars converted to look like vintage American vans.

Vanadian
    Vanadian

Number of posts : 187
    Registration date : 2010-11-17

Japanese Kei cars converted to look like vintage American vans. Empty Japanese Kei cars converted to look like vintage American vans.

Post by Vanadian Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:04 pm

Walker
    Walker

Number of posts : 144
    Registration date : 2010-03-13

Japanese Kei cars converted to look like vintage American vans. Empty Re: Japanese Kei cars converted to look like vintage American vans.

Post by Walker Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:06 am

VANagain
    VANagain

Number of posts : 1046
    Registration date : 2008-05-16

Japanese Kei cars converted to look like vintage American vans. Empty Re: Japanese Kei cars converted to look like vintage American vans.

Post by VANagain Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:07 am

Funny and cool! It's like a van version of the retro Mustang, Camaro, and Challenger. The odd proportions make it look like one of my cartoon van drawings!
    sandyvan
    sandyvan

Number of posts : 526
    Registration date : 2011-03-13

Post by sandyvan Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:39 pm

Let's see some of your drawings!

I like Vanadian's avatar drawing.
    RodStRace
    RodStRace

Number of posts : 3046
    Registration date : 2010-01-21

Post by RodStRace Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:57 pm

There is another thread here on these from a few years back.
    They use the Honda Kei (light-weight) vans for the conversion.
    There is an importer in the LA area who brings over Japanese cars and KEI vehicles for sale. http://minitruckdealer.com/
    They have a Daihatsu van on EBay right now...
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1997-Daihatsu-Hijet-Van-4WD-5spd-AC-push-button-4X4-Hi-Roof-CD-4-passenger-/170973714917?_trksid=p4506.m7&_trkparms=algo%3DLVI%26itu%3DUCI%26otn%3D3%26po%3DLVI%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D4899794371226671943

They do not have any Honda vans in California OR Japan right now.

They are also not legal for road use here in the states, AFAIK. I will check AZ laws on this, since ATVs can be driven here.
    From the mini truck dealer website

Can I drive them anywhere?

Anywhere except on U.S. public roads. Mini trucks are not meant for public road use and are exclusively for off road use. Our mini trucks are equipped with speed controllers which prevent these trucks from exceeding a maximum speed of 25 mph, in compliance with U.S. law.
    Really strange that they install a governor on them, but do not deal with the import paperwork.
    See http://www.minitruckdealer.com/faq.php
    questions 9 and 10.

They also have something called a "Deck Van". Pretty strange lil utility with a tiny outside bed and 4 doors.
    Japanese Kei cars converted to look like vintage American vans. Show_picture_big
    RodStRace
    RodStRace

Post by RodStRace Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:31 pm

RodStRace
    RodStRace

Post by RodStRace Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:49 pm

Of course, since these have small engines, you could do the typical American thing and stuff MORE POWER, MORE POWER into one...
    How about a GSXR powered truck?

[youtube]<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/OL-oNwe2ZH0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>[/youtube]

Or maybe a V8 swap?

[youtube]<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/RcONToOBETE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>[/youtube]

Or if you consider Tim Allen a wimp, how about one with a LS on nitrous running 11s?

[youtube]<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/f5Wo46v6wzQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>[/youtube]

MODS, I did the embed without tags and the vids showed up in Preview, then when posted they didn't work.
    I tried to wrap them in the Insert Video tags, and they still don't work!
    How can I imbed?
    VANagain
    VANagain

Number of posts : 1046
    Registration date : 2008-05-16

Post by VANagain Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:51 am

Here are a couple of van drawings I've done:

Japanese Kei cars converted to look like vintage American vans. Oldblu10

Japanese Kei cars converted to look like vintage American vans. 2nd-ge10

And here's a fun little import van I saw for sale here in San Diego:

Japanese Kei cars converted to look like vintage American vans. Dscn2811
    wylee
    wylee

Number of posts : 917
    Registration date : 2009-04-03

Post by wylee Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:05 am

those drawings r great.....

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:20 pm