VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

+3
rebar
RodStRace
dix
7 posters

sorry but i just don't get it,.......

dix
    dix
    Moderator 1st Class
    Moderator 1st Class

Number of posts : 8732
    Registration date : 2008-05-29

sorry but i just don't get it,....... Empty sorry but i just don't get it,.......

Post by dix Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:53 am

RodStRace
    RodStRace

Number of posts : 3046
    Registration date : 2010-01-21

sorry but i just don't get it,....... Empty Re: sorry but i just don't get it,.......

Post by RodStRace Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:53 am

If you are talking the price, it's supply and demand.
    Those are sought by many people. However, this is a fancy, high-end classic dealer and they try not to sell for anything less than the absolute highest price they can...

If you mean the VW thing, they don't get us either, and the vast public lumps us together! They are the original van, and the one most often associated with the 60s. Ours were more of a 70s phenomenon. Different Strokes...

BTW, to go through a car completely and restore each and every component to perfect original is not cheap no matter what the start. That part I do not 'get' on this one. Either do it with all the correct stuff, or use better stuff all the way through. This one tends toward the latter, but seems to have been done that way to save coin.
    This one is not the most sought 23 window.
    It is painted Black/White which is nice, but they neglect to mention if that's the original color, meaning it's probably not.
    It's got a 1966 motor, not the correct 1963 year, but is still a low HP engine. Either get a '63 or do up a dual port big CC engine! They also mention a bunch of chrome parts and other non-OE stuff. Two filters? Wonder if they redid the tank? Hose fittings on each side of the fan shroud blocked off?
    sorry but i just don't get it,....... DQ_800
    Here is the BJ auction engine, which sure looks more "correct" to my untrained eyes...
    sorry but i just don't get it,....... 109474_Engine_Web
    Also, the first year for disc brakes was '71, according to a quick search...
    Also, no mention of the reduction boxes....
    So it's not stock, but not improved with every modification.

http://www.vintagebus.com/
    dix
    dix
    Moderator 1st Class
    Moderator 1st Class

sorry but i just don't get it,....... Empty Re: sorry but i just don't get it,.......

Post by dix Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:25 pm

i don't see 100k there

Number of posts : 151
    Registration date : 2012-10-31

Post by rebar Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:01 pm

Heard they're all rated for one ton. Makes our half-tons seem kinda feeble, although we do make up for that in cargo space.
    Twinpilot001
    Twinpilot001

Number of posts : 6186
    Registration date : 2009-09-28

Post by Twinpilot001 Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:55 pm

affraid NOT in MY Lifetime!!! A fool IS!! born =every minute too!! Evil or Very Mad
    Gothboy
    Gothboy

Number of posts : 714
    Registration date : 2012-07-02

Post by Gothboy Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:29 am

Dude... If a Dub Bus can carry a ton... I dont know that seems pretty far out. Bottoming out the suspension on those tiny tires, AND only having like 10 horsepower to go with. Sounds pretty impossible to me.
    jkr
    jkr

Number of posts : 1148

Post by jkr Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:48 am

i know i'm jelous of the price those 23 window v-w's get. and they have been getting rude money like that for a long time, long before any early got a fair price. they were first and supply and demand dictates price. find one in the desert or south of the border and bring it to auction as is and watch the price go nuts. i'll bet theres a bunch somewhere in mexico or in south america just waiting to be discovered and restored. bring 10 more to market and the price goes down accordingly. just my 2 cents worth........
    rebar
    rebar

Number of posts : 151
    Registration date : 2012-10-31

Post by rebar Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:19 pm

I heard they could carry 1k lbs more than ours. Turns out they can only carry 1/2k lbs more.
    dix
    dix
    Moderator 1st Class
    Moderator 1st Class

Post by dix Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:44 pm

If I ever spend 100k on a car / van/truck it will not be that.just my 2 cents....

Number of posts : 2036
    Registration date : 2012-08-08

Post by dodge man Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:04 pm

you could buy a beautiful home for that price, i would be afraid to drive it,
    Gothboy
    Gothboy

Number of posts : 714
    Registration date : 2012-07-02

Post by Gothboy Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:32 am

+1 ^^^ I wont buy ANYTHING for that price or more that I cant use the crud out of and still have the possibility of selling for the same... Like a normal house! Smile
    Twinpilot001
    Twinpilot001

Number of posts : 6186
    Registration date : 2009-09-28

Post by Twinpilot001 Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:37 am

No Matter what is spent on that VW - when its all said & done= all you have is a = VW Evil or Very Mad

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 7:53 pm